For Extron Prices, please contact our Technical Sales Team on +00 44 (0)1202 872771 or email us at email@example.com
The Extron Quantum® Connect Series are HDCP-compliant videowall processors that are ideal for videowalls with two, four or six displays. They deliver the same high quality scaling and real-time performance as Extron's Quantum Elite processors. They deliver powerful video processing and high performance scaling technology capable of producing superior quality images. Quantum Connect 82 and Quantum Connect 84 incorporate a 4U chassis and support eight HDMI inputs with two or four HDMI outputs. Quantum Connect 126 features a 6U chassis with solid-state storage drives and dual-redundant power supplies. It supports 12 HDMI inputs and six HDMI outputs. All models are ideal for crafting professional quality videowall presentations and digital signage in public spaces, retail environments, and control rooms.
The Quantum Connect Series maintains optimal full frame rate performance with a high-speed, 10 Gbps RAPT - Real-Time Asymmetric Packetized Transfer video/graphic bus that allows all inputs to be processed simultaneously, while preserving real-time control response and optimal image performance.
When used in conjunction with HDCP-compatible displays, the HDMI inputs and outputs allow the display of HDCP-encrypted content on the videowall. A green window with an alert message will be displayed if HDCP-encrypted content is sent to a non-HDCP compliant display.
A variety of display scenarios can be pre-programmed or created on-the-fly using Quantum Connect Control Software, an intuitive control interface for setup and system operation. The software can be accessed from the available Extron QC 101 C compact controller, or installed on a dedicated PC. Quantum Connect Control Software allows restriction-free windowing with complete flexibility when designing window layouts. All of this is complemented by high performance image scaling technology, which accurately preserves the original image quality at all window sizes.
The Quantum Connect Series meets the input and output requirements of many popular configurations for small videowalls. For larger videowalls, as well as applications requiring greater scalability and the flexibility to expand over time, AV integrators, system designers, and consultants should consider the Quantum Elite and Quantum Ultra processors.
- Videowall processing for videowalls with up to six displays
- Inputs — Eight or twelve HDMI
- Outputs — Two, four, or six HDMI
- HDCP-compliant HDMI inputs and outputs support resolutions up to 1920x1200 and 1080p/60 — HDCP-encrypted content can be displayed on HDCP-compatible displays.
- High speed, dedicated video/graphic bus delivers real-time performance — The Quantum Connect Series features a 10 Gbps Real-Time Asymmetric Packetized Transfer - RAPT video/graphic bus that allows for simultaneous processing of numerous, high resolution input signals while maintaining real-time operational performance as well as optimal image quality at full frame rates.
- High quality image upscaling and downscaling — The Quantum Connect Series includes high performance image scaling technology offering both high quality upscaling and downscaling of HDMI signals.
- Bezel compensation for flat-panel displays — Adjustable compensation extends the displayed image "behind" screen bezels, accurately presenting sources which span multiple displays.
- Quantum Connect 84 and Quantum Connect 126 integrate easily into environments that incorporate a 4K display such as lobbies, auditoriums, and simulation systems — Quantum Connect 84 and Quantum Connect 126 are optimized for use with 4K displays, with the capability to window standard definition, high definition, and UHD sources across a display with a resolution up to 3840x2160.
- Fast, flexible source acquisition — Quantum Connect’s rapid source detection captures source signals within one second of their presence at the input. This ensures newly-connected sources are immediately available for display.
- Restriction-free windowing — Accurate and flexible source placement provides unrestricted creativity when designing window layouts, including the ability to duplicate sources multiple times at various sizes on the displays.
- Source zoom and pan — Any input can be zoomed and panned within a source window, allowing content within a video frame to be emphasized for the viewer.
- User-selectable HDCP authorization — Allows individual inputs to appear HDCP compliant or non-HDCP compliant to the connected source, which is beneficial if the source automatically encrypts all content when connected to an HDCP-compliant device. Protected material is not passed in non-HDCP mode.
- HDCP Visual Confirmation provides a green signal when encrypted content is sent to a non?compliant display — A green window with an alert message is displayed when HDCP-encrypted content is transmitted to a non?HDCP compliant display, providing immediate visual confirmation that protected content cannot be viewed on the display.
- Key Minder® continuously verifies HDCP compliance for quick, reliable switching — Key Minder authenticates and maintains continuous HDCP encryption between input and output devices to ensure quick and proper display of HDCP-encrypted source signals on the videowall.
- HDCP encryption status LEDs on HDMI inputs and outputs — A status LED located next to each HDMI connector indicates the presence of HDCP encryption on the incoming and outgoing signals. This aids in the identification of valid HDCP encrypted signals, and saves time during on-site integration.
- Reliable connectivity for HDMI cables — Extron LockIt® cable lacing brackets provide secure, reliable cable connections for HDMI inputs and outputs.
- Easy-to-use configuration and control software — Quantum Connect’s easy-to-use control software reduces configuration and preset programming time with a task-oriented, intuitive interface.
- Available QC 101 C compact controller — A convenient 1U, half rack width controller is available with Quantum Connect Control Software preinstalled. This avoids the need to provision and configure a dedicated PC to control Quantum Connect.
- Powerful system control — A powerful remote control protocol provides access to preset selection, source window size and positioning, and many more features. The remote control protocol is easy to understand and makes Quantum Connect simple to integrate with any control system.
- Optimal reliability for critical environments — The Quantum Connect Series delivers maximum reliability with an optimized cooling system within the chassis. The RAPT video/graphic bus ensures continued display of content in the unlikely event of an operating system failure. The system returns to its previous operational state when rebooted.
Note: The Quantum Connect Series is factory-configured and are not field-expandable. For applications requiring future expansion in the field, see the Quantum Elite and Quantum Ultra processors.