The Extron XTRA„¢ Series XPA 1002 is a half rack 1U, convection cooled power amplifier delivering two channels of 100 watts per channel. This series includes low and high impedance versions to cover a variety of application needs. The XPA 1002 is an ENERGY STAR® qualified amplifier with an Extron exclusive, highly efficient, advanced Class D amplifier design. It also features patented CDRS„¢ - Class D Ripple Suppression technology that provides a smooth, clean audio waveform and an improvement in signal fidelity over conventional Class D amplifiers. The XPA 1002 is housed in a half rack width metal enclosure, conserving rack space and weighing only 2.5 lbs (1.1 kg). The Extron exclusive, high efficiency design generates very little heat and allows the amplifier to be convection cooled.
XPA 1002 and XPA 1002 Plus
The XPA 1002 two channel amplifier delivers 100 watts rms per channel into 4 ohms or 60 watts rms per channel into 8 ohms, while the XPA 1002 Plus delivers 100 watts rms per channel into 4 or 8 ohms. Both models feature a bridged mode that provides a single 200 watt output into 8 ohms. The XPA 1002 and XPA 1002 Plus are ideal for amplification of voice or program audio content to stereo speakers, or two sets of 8 ohm ceiling speakers in a dual zone application. The professional grade amplifiers also feature a 105 dB signal-to-noise ratio and 0.05% THD+N specifications.
For applications requiring volume adjustment and muting control from a location other than the amplifier, remote control capabilities are available when using the XPA 1002 or XPA 1002 Plus with an optional Extron VCM 100 or VCM 200 analog volume and mute controller, or VC 50 analog volume controller.
- Inputs: Balanced or unbalanced stereo on a 3.5 mm, 5-pole captive screw connector
- Speaker Outputs: Screw-lock, 5 mm, 4-pole captive screw connector
- 200 watts rms output power: XPA 1002 - 2 x 60 watts @ 8 ohms, 2 x 100 watts @ 4 ohms, or 1 x 200 watts @ 8 ohms (bridged) XPA 1002 Plus - 2 x 100 watts @ 4 or 8 ohms, or 1 x 200 watts @ 8 ohms (bridged) XPA 1002-70V - 2 x 100 watts @ 70 volts XPA 1002-100V - 2 x 100 watts @ 100 volts
- ENERGY STAR® qualified amplifier €” The XPA 1002 is an ENERGY STAR qualified amplifier and energy efficient product that conserves energy and reduces costs.
- Professional grade signal-to-noise and THD+N performance €” The XPA 1002 delivers professional grade performance. The XPA 1002 4 ohm/8 ohm models feature 105 dB signal-to-noise ratio and THD+N of less than 0.05%, while the XPA 1002-70V and XPA 1002-100V feature 100 dB signal-to-noise ratio and 0.1% THD+N.
- Extron Patented CDRS„¢ - Class D Ripple Suppression €” CDRS is an Extron Patented technology that provides a smooth, clean audio waveform and an improvement in signal fidelity over conventional Class D amplifier designs. CDRS eliminates the high frequency switching ripple characteristic of Class D amplifiers, a source of RF emissions which can interfere with sensitive AV equipment such as wireless microphones.
- Convection cooled, fanless operation €” The XPA 1002 does not require internal fans or vents for cooling, ensuring quiet, reliable operation. It generates substantially less heat than conventional power amplifiers, making it ideal for rack-mount applications.
- Ultra low inrush current - no need for power sequencing €” Allows multiple XTRA Series amplifiers to be powered on simultaneously without overloading power circuits. This eliminates the need for power sequencing.
- Power factor correction - removes harmonic content on AC line €” The XPA 1002 features power factor correction technology that smoothes out the high peak currents of the amplifier€™s current draw, thus minimizing the presence of high frequency harmonics on the AC power line, and therefore preventing audible artifacts from being transmitted to other audio equipment in the system.
- Rack-mountable 1U, half rack width enclosure €” The XPA 1002 reduces rack space requirements for many installations.
- UL 2043 plenum rated when used with optional Flexible Conduit Adapter Kit €” The XPA 1002 meets UL 2043 for smoke and heat release for installation within a plenum airspace above a drop ceiling when used with the optional Flexible Conduit Adapter Kit, part # 70-228-02. Above-the-ceiling placement conceals the amplifier to prevent theft, and is convenient for installing equipment when space inside the room is limited.
- Auto power-down with fast power-up €” The XPA 1002 meets ENERGY STAR qualification requirements with an auto power-down feature that automatically places the amplifier into standby after 25 minutes of inactivity, dramatically reducing power consumption. It quickly returns to full power status in less than one second upon signal detection.
- Rear panel recessed, detented level controls €” Provide attenuation of input signals for adjusting audio system gain staging as well as two-zone applications. They are located on the rear panel to prevent users from tampering with level adjustments.
- Automatic clip limiter €” Detects actual onset of clipping by comparing input and output waveforms. Gain is automatically reduced without audible artifacts to protect speakers from clipping distortion.
- Multiple protection circuits €” Activate during output shorts, thermal overload, or DC faults to prevent damage to the amplifier and speakers.
- Remote standby port €” Enables the XPA 1002 to be remotely powered down when not in use, reducing operating cost.
- Remote volume and mute control port for low impedance models €” In basic installations without control systems, this port allows the XPA 1002 4 ohm / 8 ohm models to be remotely controlled using the optional Extron VCM 100 or VCM 200 analog volume and mute controller or VC 50 analog volume controller.
- High pass filter for high impedance model €” This switch selectable filter, available on the XPA 1002 70 volt and 100 volt models, rolls off frequencies below 80 Hz to prevent saturation of speaker transformers.
- Bridgeable outputs for low impedance models €” The power output of the XPA 1002 4 ohm / 8 ohm models can be effectively doubled by bridging the output. A mono source is wired to both the left and right input while the output is wired for bridged operation. Bridging allows power to be output at 200 watts into 8 ohms. The minimum load impedance when bridging is 8 ohms. See manual for complete wiring details.
- 5 mm screw-lock captive screw speaker connectors €” Enable simple, secure connections with 22 to 12 AWG speaker cables.
- Front and rear-mounted signal and protection indication LEDs €” Provide convenient indication of input signal presence and protection circuit activation from both sides of an equipment rack. Front panel over-temperature LED €” Provides visual indication that the enclosure temperature has exceeded the optimal value, well in advance of the onset of thermal protection circuitry.
- Highly reliable, energy-efficient internal universal power supply €” The 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, international power supply provides worldwide power compatibility with high demonstrated reliability.