The Extron HAE 100 4K is an audio de-embedder that extracts the audio from an HDMI signal, including audio from 4K sources. The HAE 100 4K provides an analog output for stereo or dual mono signals, as well as a S/PDIF digital audio output that supports two-channel or digital multi-channel signals. It is HDCP compliant, supports data rates up to 10.2 Gbps, and is compatible with video resolutions up to 4K. The HAE 100 4K is equipped with several integrator-friendly features such as a buffered HDMI video output with EDID Minder® for simplified EDID management between the input source and the display, plus HDMI input cable equalization and comprehensive LED status display.
To enhance and simplify integration of sources and displays, and to help ensure optimal system performance, the HAE 100 4K features EDID Minder. EDID Minder is an Extron-exclusive technology that automatically manages EDID communication between the display device and input source to ensure that the correct video formats are displayed reliably. HDMI input cable equalization compensates for weak source signals or signal loss when using long input cable assemblies.
LEDs on the front panel offer comprehensive, real-time device status monitoring, including HDMI I/O signal presence, HDCP authentication, and whether the extracted audio is two-channel LPCM or encoded bitstream audio for Dolby® Digital or DTS® Digital Surround. A front panel USB port provides convenient access for device configuration. The HAE 100 4K can be configured using Extron"™s PCS - Product Configuration Software with a user-friendly GUI that is very easy to navigate. This software application allows for expedited setup and commissioning, plus the ability to configure several HAE 100 4K units in the same session. The HAE 100 4K is housed in a compact 1" (2.5 cm) high, quarter rack width metal enclosure.
- HDMI audio de-embedding with analog stereo or dual mono, and digital S/PDIF audio outputs - The HAE 100 4K offers the flexibility to support analog stereo, dual mono, or two-channel LPCM audio. Dolby® or DTS® multi-channel surround sound is supported on a S/PDIF output. This is especially convenient for surround sound processors without HDMI inputs.
- Input: HDMI connector
- Outputs: HDMI connector, balanced/unbalanced analog audio output configurable as stereo audio or dual mono on 5-pole captive screw connector, S/PDIF digital audio on coaxial RCA connector
- Supports computer and video resolutions up to 4K
- Supported HDMI specification features include data rates up to 10.2 Gbps, Deep Color up to 12-bit, 3D, and CEC pass-through
- HDCP compliant
- User-selectable HDCP authorization - Allows the HAE 100 4K to appear HDCP compliant or non-HDCP compliant to the connected source, which is beneficial if the source automatically encrypts all content when connected to an HDCP-compliant device. Protected material is not passed in non-HDCP mode.
- Selectable output format - Allows the output video format and color space to be manually configured.
- De-embeds audio with or without HDMI output connected
- Simultaneous analog stereo and digital S/PDIF outputs when de-embedding two-channel LPCM audio
- HDMI audio pass-through - The HAE 100 4K provides audio signal pass-through for all embedded audio formats on the HDMI output. The embedded audio output can also be muted.
- EDID Minder® automatically manages EDID communication between connected devices - EDID Minder ensures that the source powers up properly and reliably outputs content for display.
- Automatic HDMI input cable equalization to 50 feet (15 meters) at 4K, or 100 feet (30 meters) at 1080p/60 when used with Extron HDMI Pro cables - Actively conditions incoming HDMI signals to compensate for signal loss when using long cables, low quality cables, or source devices with poor HDMI signal output.
- Comprehensive, real-time status LED indicators for troubleshooting and monitoring - Front panel LEDs verify the presence of HDMI input and output signals, HDCP authentication, and the de-embedded audio format.
- Easy setup and commissioning with Extron"™s PCS - Product Configuration Software - Conveniently configure multiple products using a single software application.
- Rack-mountable 1" (2.5 cm) high, quarter rack width metal enclosure
- Includes LockIt® HDMI cable lacing brackets
- Highly reliable, energy-efficient external universal power supply included, replacement part #70-775-01 - Provides worldwide power compatibility, with high demonstrated reliability and low power consumption for reduced operating costs.