The Extron DTP2 R 211 is a long distance, digital twisted pair receiver that works with Extron DTP®-enabled products to send HDMI, audio, as well as bidirectional RS-232 and IR signals up to 330 feet (100 meters) over a shielded CATx cable. It supports video signals at resolutions up to 4K/60 at 4:4:4 chroma sampling, and complies with HDCP 2.2. In addition, this DTP2 receiver features a stereo output that is selectable between de-embedded or pass-through analog audio. The compact enclosure size and remote power capability make the DTP2 R 211 ideal for discreet placement behind displays, in equipment racks, or wherever needed to meet application requirements.
The HDCP 2.2-compliant DTP2 R 211 enables the reliable, long distance transmission of HDMI signals, supporting HDR, Deep Color up to 12?bit, CEC pass-through, and embedded HD lossless audio formats. In addition, DDC communication of EDID and HDCP is continuously maintained between a source and display, ensuring direct compatibility and optimal signal transmission between devices.
The DTP2 R 211 accepts stereo analog audio from a DTP-enabled matrix switcher, switcher, or signal processor. The stereo output on the DTP2 R 211 is selectable for de-embedded or pass-through analog audio. Digital HDMI audio is made available as a balanced or unbalanced analog stereo signal on a captive screw connector. The audio signal is sent over the same shielded twisted pair cable as the video and control signals, eliminating the need for a separate cable run.
The DTP2 R 211 provides other convenient, integrator-friendly features designed to help simplify installation. It supports simultaneous transmission of bidirectional RS-232 and IR signals from a control system for AV device control. The DTP2 R 211 can be remotely powered over the shielded twisted pair cable by a DTP2-enabled product. In addition, it can be configured to provide power to a connected DTP2 transmitter, allowing both devices to share one power supply.
The DTP2 R 211 can be integrated with an Extron DTP CrossPoint® presentation matrix switcher, or other DTP-enabled products to support displays and other output devices at remote locations. The receiver is housed in a 1" (2.5 cm) high, quarter rack width metal enclosure. The low profile design allows for discreet placement in lecterns and behind flat-panel displays.
Extron recommends Extron-certified XTP DTP 24 shielded twisted pair cable, shielded RJ-45 plugs, jacks, and couplers engineered for optimum signal transmission with Extron DTP Series products. The XTP DTP 24 cable is certified to 475 MHz, and utilizes a SF/UTP design with four unshielded 24 AWG twisted pair conductors inside an overall braid and foil shield for superior performance and noise immunity.
- Receives HDMI plus control and analog audio up to 330 feet (100 meters) over a shielded CATx cable — The DTP2 R 211 provides high reliability and maximum performance on an economical and easily installed cable infrastructure.
- Input: One DTP2 twisted pair input on RJ-45
- Outputs: One HDMI, stereo audio on captive screw
- Supports computer and video resolutions up to 4K/60 @ 4:4:4 — Support of 4K/60 at 4:4:4 chroma sampling requires connection to a matching DTP2 product.
- Stereo audio de-embedding — The captive screw stereo output is selectable for de-embedded or pass-through analog audio.
- Supported HDMI 2.0b specification features include data rates up to 18 Gbps, HDR, Deep Color up to 12-bit, 3D, HD lossless audio formats, and CEC pass-through
- Support for HDR – High Dynamic Range video — Enables greater contrast range and wider color gamut by providing the necessary video bandwidth, color depth, and metadata interchange capability for HDR video.
- HDCP 2.2 compliant — Ensures display of content-protected 4K video media and maintains interoperability with earlier versions of HDCP.
- Remote power capability — For simplified installation, the receiver can be remotely powered by a DTP2-enabled product over the twisted pair connection. It can also be configured to provide power to the connected DTP2 transmitter product.
- Extron XTP DTP 24 shielded twisted pair cable is strongly recommended for optimal performance
- Compatible with CATx shielded twisted pair cable — The DTP2 R 211 fully supports a maximum transmission distance of 330 feet (100 meters) for all compatible resolutions when used with CATx shielded twisted pair cable. Shielded twisted pair cabling with solid center conductor sizes of 24 AWG or better is recommended for optimal performance.
- Accepts additional analog stereo audio signals — The DTP2 R 211 accepts stereo analog audio from a DTP-enabled product.
- Bidirectional RS?232 and IR pass-through for AV device control — Bidirectional RS-232 control and IR signals can be transmitted alongside the video signal, allowing remote AV devices to be controlled without the need for additional cabling.
- Supports multiple embedded audio formats — The DTP2 R 211 is compatible with a broad range of multi-channel audio signals, providing reliable operation with HDMI sources.
- Supports EDID and HDCP transmission — DDC channels are actively buffered, allowing continuous communication between source and display.
- HDCP Visual Confirmation provides a green signal when encrypted content is sent to a non?compliant display — A full-screen green signal is sent when HDCP-encrypted content is transmitted to a non-HDCP compliant display, providing immediate visual confirmation that protected content cannot be viewed on the display.
- Compatible with all DTP transmitters and DTP-enabled products — Enables mixing and matching with desktop and wallplate transmitters, as well as other DTP-enabled products to meet application requirements.
- Front panel USB configuration port — Provides convenient access for information and firmware updates.
- LED indicators for signal presence, power, and link status — Provide visual indication of system status for real-time feedback and monitoring of key performance parameters.
- RJ?45 signal and link LED indicators for DTP port — Provide a means for validating signal flow and operation, allowing quick identification of connectivity issues.
- 1” (2.5 cm) high, quarter rack width metal enclosure — With a low profile enclosure, the device can be installed discreetly wherever needed.
- Includes LockIt® HDMI cable lacing brackets
- Optional highly reliable, energy-efficient external universal power supply available, part # 70-769-01 — Provides worldwide power compatibility, with high demonstrated reliability and low power
- consumption for reduced operating costs. Includes a ZipClip Mounting Kit to securely mount an Extron power supply onto most surfaces, including tables and lecterns.