For Extron Prices, please contact our Technical Sales Team on +00 44 (0)1202 872771 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Extron SW4 12G HD-SDI is a four-input, two-output 12G-SDI switcher. It switches multi-rate SDI video, embedded audio, and other ancillary data between four source devices and delivers simultaneous output signals to a pair of SDI displays or sink devices. The SW4 12G HD-SDI supports video resolutions up to 4K/60, HDR, and data rates up to 11.88 Gbps, including all common serial digital video data rates specified by SMPTE and ITU standards. To ensure signal integrity over long cable runs, the switcher features automatic input cable equalization and output reclocking. The SW4 12G HD?SDI offers RS?232, front panel, and auto-input switching control options, allowing integration into a variety of applications and environments.
The SW4 12G HD-SDI switcher provides automatic cable equalization on inputs to compensate for attenuation on incoming signals up to 230 feet (70 meters) for 12G?SDI transmissions, 787 feet (240 meters) for HD?SDI, and 984 feet (300 meters) for SDI. For quick identification of the selected signal, LED indicators on the front panel provide visual confirmation of the detected data rate. Timing of the input video signal is reshaped and restored at each output, eliminating high frequency jitter. The switcher provides dual buffered outputs that simultaneously deliver the selected input video, along with up to 16 channels of embedded audio, closed captioning, and time code data to two displays.
Switcher setup, configuration, and firmware updates are performed through the USB port that is conveniently located on the front panel. Controls on the front panel provide quick access to system settings, and these controls can be locked to prevent unauthorized use in non-secure environments. When the unit is installed in locations such as a lectern or under a conference table, automatic switching between inputs streamlines system operation. The switcher can also be controlled, configured, and monitored remotely through the RS-232 port.
The SW4 12G HD-SDI switcher is housed in a 1U, half rack width enclosure suitable for rack-mounted or mobile applications.
- Inputs: Four female BNC connectors Outputs: Two female BNC connectors
- Automatically adapts to SMPTE and ITU digital video standards for SDI signals up to a 12G?SDI data rate
- Supports data rates from 270 Mbps to 11.88 Gbps
- Supports video resolutions up to 4K/60 — The SW4 12G HD?SDI supports resolutions up to 4096x2160/60 with 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 chroma sampling at 10 bits per color.
- Support for HDR – High Dynamic Range video — Enables greater contrast range and wider color gamut by providing the necessary video bandwidth, color depth, and metadata interchange capability for HDR video.
- Dual buffered output — Allows for simultaneous viewing and recording of the selected input signal, eliminating the cost of a separate distribution amplifier.
- Automatic input cable equalization — Compensates for attenuation on the selected signal and automatically equalizes cables at distances up to 230 feet (70 meters) for 12G?SDI signals, 787 feet (240 meters) for HD?SDI, and 984 feet (300 meters) for SDI.
- Automatic output reclocking — Reshapes and restores timing of digital video signals at each output for recognized input data rates, eliminating high frequency jitter and provides AV system designers with additional headroom when connecting multiple devices.
- Passes ancillary data including HDR, embedded audio, closed captioning, and time code — Up to 16 channels of embedded audio at 48 kHz, 24?bit audio, closed captions, and time code are passed through to both outputs.
- Video output muting — The dual buffered output can be muted via RS?232, allowing the user to control when video is displayed.
- Input rate LEDs — Convenient front panel indicators allow visual confirmation of 12G?SDI, 6G?SDI, 3G?SDI, HD?SDI, and SDI input data rates for quick, visual identification of the selected digital video signal.
- Multiple control options including RS?232, front panel, and auto-input switching
- Auto-input switching — Automatically switches to highest or lowest numbered input with an active video signal, based on configured priority.
- Front panel security lockout — Prevents unauthorized use in non?secure environments.
- Easy setup and commissioning with Extron's PCS - Product Configuration Software — Convenient configuration from a single easy-to-use software application.
- Front panel USB configuration port — Provides convenient access for setup, configuration, and firmware updates.
- Rack mountable, 1U half rack width metal enclosure
- Internal Extron Everlast™ power supply — Provides worldwide power compatibility, with high demonstrated reliability and low power consumption for reduced operating cost.
- Extron Everlast Power Supply is covered by a 7?year parts and labor warranty