The XTENDEX® 4-Port USB 2.0 Extender via Fiber Optic Cable extends four USB devices up to 820 feet (250 meters) using a single SC singlemode or multimode fiber optic cable. Each extender consists of a local unit that connects to a computer, and a remote unit that connects to four USB devices. The local and remote units are interconnected via a single-strand SC singlemode or multimode fiber optic cable.
- Supports fully transparent USB connections - supports all USB computers (PC, SUN and MAC) and their associated peripherals.
- Extend self-powered and/or bus-powered USB peripheral devices (security cameras, printers, scanners, touch screen monitors, game controllers, flash drives, keyboards, mice, etc.).
- Signal transmission up to 820 feet (250 meters) via a single SC singlemode or multimode fiber optic cable.
- Supports high-speed (480 Mbps), full-speed (12 Mbps), or low-speed (1.5 Mbps) USB devices.
- Compliant with USB 2.0 specifications.
- Each port supports full 500mA current.
- Supports Plug-n-Play specification.
- Low RFI/EMI for sensitive applications.
- No drivers required.
- Integrated mounting brackets for easy surface/wall mounting.
- Cables can be installed in conduit prior to extender installation.