Import duties, taxes and any additional delivery or clearance charges, are not included in the item price or the quoted shipping cost.
These charges are the responsibility of the Buyer.
Please check with your local customs office to determine any additional charges prior to purchase.
For Extron Prices, please contact our Technical Sales Team on +00 44 (0)1202 872771 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The HC 403 EU combines video switching, scaling, signal extension, and system control into a transmitter and receiver pair at a price point that fits any application. The HC 403 EU features one HDMI and one VGA input at the transmitter, and one HDMI input at the receiver. Advanced Extron scaling technology ensures excellent image quality with maximum detail and color accuracy. Built-in control capabilities facilitate automatic source switching, display control, and integration with occupancy sensors for an intuitive, effortless user experience. Designed for professional integration, HC 403 EU transmitter and receiver enclosures are ideal for discreet placement in walls and lecterns, beneath tables, or wherever required.
The HC 403 EU is easy-to-use and fully operational out of the box. Automatic power control and switching allow users to collaborate with minimal interaction with the AV hardware. The system powers the display on when a presenter connects a source device, and automatically switches to new source devices as they are connected. When no signal is detected, the system will power down after a predetermined time period. For further flexibility, integration with Extron OCS 100 occupancy sensors can automatically power the system on when users enter the room. Connecting a ShareLink wireless collaboration gateway to the receiver’s HDMI input adds support for wireless BYOD – Bring Your Own Device environments, providing effective collaboration and content sharing from a wide variety of mobile devices.
The HC 403 EU is a highly reliable AV system solution designed for professional requirements. It delivers high quality extension of video and audio signals for maximum performance and reliability. Multiple input connections are provided to support a wide range of video sources and resolutions. Advanced Extron video scaling ensures excellent video quality and EDID Minder technology ensures a consistently reliable image at the display.
Easy to Integrate
The HC 403 EU is simple to install and easy to set up. Robust signal extension over CATx eliminates the need for long video cables. For simplified installation, remote power capability enables a single supply connected at the receiver to provide power to both the transmitter and receiver. Managing system AV settings is easy with Extron PCS – Product Configuration Software, which also allows convenient control of multiple systems. Ethernet connectivity facilitates management, monitoring, and control of AV devices over a standard network. The HC 403 EU offers built-in control processing, eliminating the need to connect additional equipment. Ethernet, RS-232, IR, CEC, and digital I/O ports are available on the receiver to control and interface with displays, sensors, switchers, or other equipment. No programming is required. Configuration is simple using Global Configurator, Extron’s powerful software for AV control systems.
HC 403 EU system solutions can be expanded for even more functionality with a variety of compatible products. Wireless collaboration may be added with a ShareLink gateway. Control processing is expandable via controller grouping with Global Configurator Professional and GlobalViewer Enterprise software can be used for remote device management.
Expand control port support with controller grouping — The HC 403 EU can be grouped together with multiple IP Link Pro control processors to function as one when configured with Global Configurator Professional.
Monitor and manage AV functions of the HC 403 EU using GlobalViewer Enterprise — GlobalViewer Enterprise broadens support for the HC 403 EU with switcher categorization, as well as monitoring and managing a range of AV functions, such as input status and output muting.
- Powerful solution for meeting rooms — The HC 403 EU system incorporates video switching, scaling, signal extension, and system control into a pair of compact, easily installed transmitter and receiver modules.
- Wallplate transmitter has one HDMI input and one VGA input and fits EU-style junction boxes.
- HDMI input on receiver is ideal for connecting a local source, such as a ShareLink wireless collaboration gateway
- Signal extension for video, audio, and power up to 230 feet (70 meters) over a shielded CATx cable — The HC 403 EU provides high reliability and maximum performance on an easily installed cable infrastructure.
- Built-in control capability — Designed for handling essential AV functions, such as display on/off, input switching, volume control, and control of AV devices over Ethernet, RS?232, IR, and CEC connections.
- Supports computer and video resolutions up to 1920x1200, including 1080p/60 and 2K
- Selectable output rates from 640x480 to 1920x1200, including 1080p/60 and 2K
- Auto-switching between inputs - Auto-switching allows for intuitive operation in collaboration spaces. Multiple switching priority modes are available, including last-connected input and user-selectable priority.
- Stereo audio embedding — Analog stereo audio may be selectively embedded onto any of the transmitter's video inputs.
- Stereo audio de-embedding - Embedded HDMI two-channel PCM audio can be extracted to the receiver's analog audio output, or multi-channel bitstream formats can be passed to the HDMI output.
- Remote power capability - The receiver sends power to the transmitter over the twisted pair connection for simplified installation.
- Advanced scaling engine with 30-bit precision processing and motion-adaptive deinterlacing for signals up to 1080i - Image scaling and video format conversion are performed at 30-bit precision with 4:4:4 chroma processing for enhanced color accuracy and picture detail. Advanced deinterlacing for all interlaced signals up to 1080i delivers optimized image quality.
- Aspect ratio control — The aspect ratio of the video output can be controlled by selecting a FILL mode, which provides a full screen output, or a FOLLOW mode, which preserves the original aspect ratio of the input signal.
- Automatic 3:2 and 2:2 pulldown detection — Advanced film mode processing techniques that help maximize image quality for content sources that originated from film.
- On?screen menus — Intuitive on-screen menus allow for easy system setup using the front panel controls.
- Internal video test patterns and pink noise generator for calibration and setup — The unit offers several video test patterns and audio pink noise to facilitate proper system setup and calibration of display devices.
- Extron XTP DTP 24 shielded twisted pair cable is strongly recommended for optimal performance
- Compatible with CATx shielded twisted pair cable - HC 403 EU fully supports a maximum transmission distance of 230 feet (70 meters) for all compatible resolutions when used with CATx shielded twisted pair cable.
- Shielded twisted pair cabling with solid center conductor sizes of 24 AWG or better is recommended for optimal performance.
- Comprehensive EDID management - Use PCS software to access EDID Minder for setting video input EDID, capturing EDID from connected displays, or uploading custom EDID files. Proper EDID management ensures that sources and displays are easily integrated into a system resulting in optimized system operation. Freely downloadable EDID Manager 2.0 software is available for advanced EDID editing and creating custom EDID files.
- EDID Minder® automatically manages EDID communication between connected devices — EDID Minder ensures that the source powers up properly and reliably outputs content for display.
- HDCP compliant — Ensures display of content-protected media and interoperability with other HDCP-compliant devices.
- User-selectable HDCP authorization — Allows individual inputs to appear HDCP compliant or non-HDCP compliant to the connected source, which is beneficial if the source automatically encrypts all content when connected to an HDCP-compliant device. Protected material is not passed in non?HDCP mode.
- HDCP Visual Confirmation — When HDCP-encrypted content is transmitted to a non-HDCP compliant display, a full-screen green signal is sent to the display for immediate visual confirmation that protected content cannot be viewed on that display.
- Supported HDMI specification features include data rates up to 6.75 Gbps, Deep Color, and HD lossless audio formats
- CEC - Consumer Electronics Control Capability — Standard, built-in CEC commands can be triggered to control displays or other AV devices connected to the HDMI output. The ability to control specific functions, such as power on/off, input selection, or volume level, is dependent on implementation by the device manufacturer.
- Output muting control — The video and audio output may be muted independently.
- HDMI to DVI Interface Format Correction — Automatically enables or disables embedded audio and InfoFrames, and sets the correct color space for proper connection to HDMI and DVI displays.
- Automatic color bit depth management — Automatically adjusts color bit depth based on the display EDID, preventing color compatibility conflicts between source and display.
- Supports multiple embedded audio formats — The HC 403 EU is compatible with a broad range of multi-channel audio signals, providing reliable operation with HDMI sources.
- Front panel LED indicators for signal presence, HDCP status, audio format, and power — Provides visual indication of system status for real-time feedback and monitoring of key performance parameters.
- Supports TouchLink® Pro touchpanels
- Supports secure industry standard communication protocols — The HC 403 EU uses industry standard communication protocols, including HTTP (insecure), HTTPS, SSH, SFTP, SMTP, NTP, Discovery Service, DHCP, DNS, ICMP, and IPv4.
- Automatic display control via bi-directional RS-232, Ethernet, IR, or CEC — The ability for CEC to control specific display functions, such as power on/off, input selection, or volume level, is dependent on implementation by the display manufacturer.
- Four Digital I/O ports — Allows for interfacing with other systems in the room.
- Supports popular BMS – Building Management System protocols, such as BACnet, KNX, and DALI — These protocols allow for centralized monitoring and control of mechanical and electrical systems that include HVAC, lighting, power, fire, and security.
- Manage, monitor, and control AV devices using a standard Ethernet network
- Supports 10/100Base-T
- Supports control system synchronization — Synchronization will allow users to retain and recover the state of their configured endpoints in case of network or power failure.
- Multi-level password protection — Allows security to be set based on user roles.
- Fully customizable using Extron control system software
- Library of Pro Series device drivers for use with Global Configurator - Start and execute projects quickly using Extron Global Configurator device drivers to control various display and source devices, such as projectors, flat-panel displays, and Blu-ray players. Extron offers fully tested Ethernet, serial, and IR device drivers and modules.
- Easy setup and commissioning with Extron's PCS - Product Configuration Software - Conveniently configure multiple products using a single software application.
- Front panel security lockout — This feature locks out all front panel functions; all functions however, are available through USB or RS-232 control.
- Receiver front panel USB configuration port — Enables easy system configuration without having to access the rear panel.
- RJ?45 signal and link LED indicators for twisted pair ports - Provides a means for validating signal flow and operation, allowing quick identification of connectivity issues.
- 1" (2.5 cm) high, half rack width metal enclosure — With a low profile enclosure, the receiver can be installed discreetly wherever needed.
- Includes MBU 125 under-table low-profile mount kit
- Includes LockIt® HDMI cable lacing brackets
- External Extron Everlast™ power supply included, replacement part #70-1246-01 — Provides worldwide power compatibility with high demonstrated reliability and low power consumption.
- Extron Everlast Power Supply is covered by a 7 year parts and labor warranty