For Extron Prices, please contact our Technical Sales Team on 44 (0)1202 872771 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Extron RGB-HDMI 300 A scaler is a high performance RGB and stereo audio to HDMI scaler that is able to convert incoming analog component video and RGBHV signals to HDMI signals. It accepts HDTV and high resolution computer-video signals up to 1920x1200, and offers multiple output rates up to 1920x1200, including HDTV 1080p/60 and 2K. The RGB-HDMI 300 A also offers audio embedding so that analog audio input signals can be digitized into the scaled HDMI output. It is designed in a compact, low-profile enclosure for placement behind flat-panel displays, and offers several features for streamlining integration and enhancing system operation, including Auto Input Memory, Auto-Image setup, and RS-232 serial control.
The RGB-HDMI 300 A is the perfect solution for various applications where newer consumer-based displays, equipped only with HDMI inputs, are to be used with sources that output analog RGB, or in an environment with an existing analog RGB and audio signal distribution infrastructure. It can also be a boon in systems where consolidation of various source signals to a single, common output resolution is desired. For example, the RGB-HDMI 300 A can be installed at the output of a switcher, with its HDMI output feeding the display.
In addition to high performance scaling, the RGB-HDMI 300 A includes several integrator-friendly features for expediting setup and system operation. An on-screen display facilitates display of information pertaining to the incoming signal and adjustment of picture settings, including positioning, size, zoom, brightness, contrast, and detail. Internal test patterns are available for calibration and setup. Configurations can be conveniently saved and recalled from up to three memory presets from the front panel, and up to 16 additional presets through RS-232 serial control.
With Auto Input Memory, the RGB-HDMI 300 A automatically stores image settings for each new incoming signal. When the signal is recognized again from a newly connected source, image settings are automatically restored. Auto-Image, a feature common to many Extron scalers and signal processors, allows for quick and easy setup of incoming analog RGB signals.
The RGB-HDMI 300 A features RS-232 serial control with front and rear ports. It is housed in a 1" high, half rack width enclosure that allows for discreet installation, such as behind a flat panel display or above a projector.
- RGB and HDTV component video scaling to HDMI Digital and analog video sources can all be scaled to high resolution HDMI.
- Inputs: RGBHV or component video on 15-pin HD; unbalanced stereo on a 3.5 mm stereo mini jack Output: One HDMI
- HDMI audio embedding Analog input audio signals can be embedded onto the HDMI output signal.
- Selectable output rates up to 1920x1200, including HDTV 1080p/60 and 2K. The output rate can be selected manually using the on-screen menu system or via RS-232 serial control. It can also be automatically selected based on the display EDID, or set to match the incoming signal rate.
- Auto Input Format Detection. The RGB-HDMI 300 A can be set to detect the incoming RGB or HD component video signal format, automatically reconfiguring itself to provide the appropriate decoding and signal processing. This feature can reduce the number of required outputs for a matrix switcher, lowering system cost while improving manageability.
- EDID Emulation provides selectable resolutions and refresh rates to ensure reliable operation - The RGB-HDMI 300 A provides a means for specifying the rate of the incoming signal, ensuring proper communication with the VGA source.
- Output Standby Mode. The unit can be set to automatically mute video and sync output to the display device when no active input signal is detected. This allows the projector or flat-panel display to automatically enter into standby mode to save energy and enhance lamp or panel life.
- Aspect ratio control - The aspect ratio of the video output can be controlled by selecting a FILL mode, which provides a full screen output, or a FOLLOW mode, which preserves the original aspect ratio of the input signal.
- User presets - Memory presets are available for each input to store and recall optimized image settings.
- Auto-Image setup - When activated, the unit automatically optimizes the image by analyzing and adjusting to the video input signal. This can save time and effort in setting up a newly connected source, particularly in presentation environments where different guest presenter laptops with various output resolutions will be connected.
- Auto Input Memory - When activated, the unit automatically stores size, position, and picture settings based on the incoming signal. When the same signal is detected again, these image settings are automatically recalled from memory.
- Selectable HDMI output color space - The color space can be set to RGB or component video.
- Picture controls for brightness, contrast, detail, horizontal and vertical positioning, sizing, and zoom
- On-screen display - Displays information pertaining to the currently selected input including resolution and format, and facilitates easy system setup and troubleshooting.
- Audio input gain and attenuation - Gain or attenuation can be adjusted for each analog input to eliminate noticeable level differences when switching between sources.
- Integrated audio delay - The audio output is automatically delayed to compensate for latency introduced by the video processing.
- RS-232 control port - Enables the use of serial commands for complete control and configuration via the Extron Windows®-based control program, or integrated into a control system. Extron products use the SIS - Simple Instruction Set command protocol, a set of basic ASCII code commands that allow for quick and easy programming.
- Internal video test patterns for calibration and setup - The unit offers several video test patterns to facilitate proper system setup and calibration of display devices.
- Front panel security lockout - This feature locks out all front panel functions; all functions however, are available through RS-232 control.
- 1" high, half rack width metal enclosure
- Includes LockIt® HDMI cable lacing brackets
- Highly reliable, energy-efficient external universal power supply included, replacement part #70-775-01 - Provides worldwide power compatibility, with high demonstrated reliability and low power consumption for reduced operating costs.