For Extron Prices, please contact our Technical Sales Team on +00 44 (0)1202 872771 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Extron DXP HD 4K PLUS Series are high performance HDMI matrix switchers for computer and video signals at resolutions up to 4K/60 with 4:4:4 chroma sampling. They support HDMI 2.0b specifications, including data rates up to 18 Gbps, HDR, Deep Color up to 12-bit, 3D, and HD lossless audio formats. These HDCP 2.2 compliant matrix switchers incorporate Extron technologies such as SpeedSwitch®, EDID Minder®, and Key Minder® as well as HDMI input equalization and output regeneration to ensure reliable system operation. Digital audio can be de-embedded from any input and assigned to digital or analog stereo outputs for ease of integration. Available in 4x4, 8x4, and 8x8 sizes, the DXP HD 4K PLUS Series is ideal for applications that require reliable, high performance matrix switching of 4K/60 HDMI video and audio signals.
The DXP HD 4K PLUS Series matrix switchers are designed for use with computers equipped with 4K graphics cards, 4K media players, 4K Blu-ray players and other similar signal sources, as well as 4K native resolution displays. With a maximum data rate of 18 Gbps, they support computer and video resolutions up to 4096x2160 at 60 Hz with 8?bit color in 4:4:4 color space. In addition, these matrix switchers fully support 1080p/60 with 12-bit Deep Color. To maintain signal integrity, the matrix switchers feature automatic cable equalization on inputs and output reclocking to reshape and restore timing of the video signal at each HDMI output. These features combined with Extron Pro Series High Speed HDMI Cables allow longer 4K signal runs, reducing the need for additional signal conditioning equipment by compensating for weak source signals or signal loss on long cable runs. Additionally, +5 VDC, 250 mA is available on the outputs for powering peripheral devices.
Flexible Audio Distribution
Audio routing in the DXP HD 4K PLUS Series is handled in two ways. Embedded digital audio from a source can be switched along with its corresponding video signal to any or all selected HDMI outputs. Built-in audio de-embedders allow signals to be routed to discrete digital and analog audio outputs. The internal de-embedders eliminate the need for external HDMI audio extraction products, reducing the number of boxes in the AV system and system complexity, as well as maintenance costs. For applications requiring digital audio distribution, the de-embedded audio is made available on S/PDIF outputs in its native two-channel or multi-channel Dolby® Digital or DTS format. For analog audio applications, the de-embedded signal is made available as line level stereo audio, on captive screw connectors. These audio outputs simplify integration with the local audio system.
Fast Reliable Switching
For streamlined integration of HDMI-equipped sources and displays, the DXP HD 4K PLUS Series features two Extron technologies: EDID Minder and Key Minder. EDID Minder automatically manages EDID communications, ensuring that all HDMI sources power up properly and reliably provide content for display. For HDMI signals with protected content, Key Minder authenticates and maintains continuous HDCP encryption between input and output devices to ensure quick and reliable switching in professional AV environments while enabling simultaneous distribution of a single source signal to one or more displays. With SpeedSwitch Technology, the DXP HD 4K PLUS matrix switcher delivers exceptional, virtually instantaneous switching speeds for HDCP-encrypted content.
Easy Setup, Monitoring, and Control
The matrix switchers also provide advanced system monitoring and control via the RS-232 and Ethernet ports. Global presets allow for simplified configuration changes and fast switching speed when using a separate control system to operate the matrix switcher. Front panel indicators provide visual feedback of routing, signal presence on all inputs and outputs, and the presence of HDCP-encrypted content on each input.
Available in 4x4, 8x4, and 8x8 sizes, the DXP HD 4K PLUS Series can provide AV signal switching for various commercial, medical, military, government, and residential environments. This includes conference and divisible meeting rooms, simulation labs, briefing rooms, lecture halls, and a centralized control room supporting adjacent classrooms. The DXP HD 4K PLUS matrix switchers are ideal for a wide variety of professional AV installations where distribution of 4K video signals is needed and a fully digital pathway is essential to maintain the highest possible image quality between multiple sources and displays.
- Available in 4x4, 8x4, and 8x8 fixed I/O sizes
- Supports computer and video resolutions up to 4K/60 @ 4:4:4
- Supported HDMI 2.0b specification features include data rates up to 18 Gbps, HDR, Deep Color up to 12-bit, 3D, and HD lossless audio formats
- HDMI audio de-embedding with digital S/PDIF and analog stereo audio outputs - The DXP HD 4K PLUS Series can extract embedded HDMI two-channel LPCM audio to S/PDIF digital and analog audio outputs. It can also extract Dolby® or DTS® encoded bitstream audio to the S/PDIF outputs. The matrix switchers feature multiple sets of S/PDIF and analog outputs, supporting audio assignment from any HDMI input source.
- SpeedSwitch® Technology provides exceptional switching speed for HDCP-encrypted content
- Key Minder® continuously verifies HDCP compliance for quick, reliable switching - Key Minder authenticates and maintains continuous HDCP encryption between input and output devices to ensure quick and reliable switching in professional AV environments, while enabling simultaneous distribution of a single source signal to two or more displays.
- EDID Minder® automatically manages EDID communication between connected devices - EDID Minder ensures that all sources power up properly and reliably output content for display.
- Support for HDR - High Dynamic Range video - Enables greater contrast range and wider color gamut by providing the necessary video bandwidth, color depth, and metadata interchange capability for HDR video.
- HDCP 2.2 compliant - Ensures display of content-protected media and interoperability with other HDCP-compliant devices.
- User-selectable HDCP authorization - Allows individual inputs to appear HDCP compliant or non HDCP compliant to the connected source, which is beneficial if the source automatically encrypts all content when connected to an HDCP-compliant device. Protected material is not passed in non HDCP mode.
- HDCP authentication and signal presence LED indicators - Front panel LED indicators for signal presence and HDCP authentication provide real time feedback and monitoring of key performance parameters.
- Supports DDC transmission - DDC channels are actively buffered, allowing continuous communication between source and display.
- HDMI to DVI Interface Format Correction - Automatically reformats HDMI source signals for output to a connected DVI display
- Automatic input cable equalization - Actively conditions incoming HDMI signals to compensate for signal loss when using long cables, low quality cables, or source devices with poor HDMI signal output. 4K/60 signals are equalized to 35 feet (10.7 meters) when used with Extron HDMI Pro cables.
- Automatic output reclocking - Reshapes and restores timing of HDMI signals at each output, enabling transmission over long HDMI cables.
- Provides +5 VDC, 250 mA power on the HDMI outputs for external peripheral devices
- Global presets - Up to 16 frequently used I/O configurations may be saved and recalled from the front panel, Ethernet, or serial control. This time-saving feature allows I/O configurations to be set up and stored in memory for future use.
- Rooming - All models can be programmed to group selected outputs into specific "rooms," each with its own set of unique presets. Each room can support up to 8 outputs. A total of 10 rooms, with 10 presets per room, are available.
- QS-FPC™ QuickSwitch Front Panel Controller - Discrete buttons for each input and output allow for simple, intuitive operation.
- View I/O mode - Discrete LEDs for each input so users can easily view which inputs and outputs are actively connected for ease in troubleshooting.
- Output volume control - Provides volume control for the audio outputs. Analog audio outputs can be balanced or unbalanced and are available as stereo or independently mixed mono.
- Audio breakaway - Provides the capability to break an analog audio signal away from its corresponding video signal and route to audio output 2, allowing the analog audio channels to be operated as a separate switcher.
- Output muting control - Provides the capability to mute one or all outputs at any time. This allows, for example, content to be viewed on a local monitor prior to appearing on the main presentation display.
- Power Save Mode - The unit can be placed in a low power standby state to conserve energy when not in use
- Ethernet monitoring and control - Can be proactively monitored, managed, or controlled over a LAN, WAN, or the Internet using standard TCP/IP protocols.
- RS-232 control port - Using serial commands, the matrix switcher can be integrated into a control system. Extron products use the SIS™ – Simple Instruction Set command protocol, a set of basic ASCII code commands that allow for quick and easy programing.
- Front panel USB configuration port - Enables easy setup, configuration, and firmware updating without having to access the rear panel.
- Front panel security lockout - Prevents unauthorized use in non-secure environments.
- Easy setup and commissioning with Extron’s PCS – Product Configuration Software - Conveniently configure multiple products using a single software application.
- Rack-mountable 1U, full rack width metal enclosure
- Includes LockIt® HDMI cable lacing brackets
- Internal Extron Everlast™ power supply - Provides worldwide power compatibility, with high-demonstrated reliability and low power consumption for reduced operating cost
- Extron Everlast Power Supply is covered by a 7?year parts and labor warranty