For Extron Prices, please contact our Technical Sales Team on +00 44 (0)1202 872771 or email us at email@example.com
Product Datasheet Specification
The DMP 128 Plus Series is the next generation of Digital Matrix Processors featuring Extron ProDSP™ 64-bit floating point technology. The DMP 128 Plus Series are equipped with 12 analog mic/line inputs, eight analog outputs, up to four channels of digital audio input and output via USB, up to eight audio file players, an ACP bus for audio control panels, and new configurable macros. The V models also include eight independent channels of VoIP, supporting Session Initiation Protocol - SIP. The AT models provide Dante audio networking technology with connectivity for up to 48 digital audio inputs and 24 digital audio outputs. DMP 128 Plus Series processors can be used anywhere from a credenza-based system to a large multi-rack system, and even in a large, complex, decentralized multi-building system.
Extron’s exclusive ProDSP is engineered from the ground up using a powerful 64-bit floating point DSP engine to provide very wide dynamic range and reduce the potential for clipping. ProDSP also utilizes studio grade 24-bit audio converters with 48 kHz sampling to maintain audio signal transparency. ProDSP is loaded with powerful, easy-to-configure tools to control level, dynamics, filters, delay, ducking, loudness, and feedback suppression.
Easy-to-Use DSP Configurator Software
The power of ProDSP is easily harnessed with the DSP Configurator Software. The flexible on?screen layout offers fast access to all of the digital audio signal processing tools. Designers can quickly get a snapshot view of the entire audio system, including processing blocks and routing assignments, all at once.
Flexible Routing Within the DMP 128 Plus
The DMP 128 Plus models feature an extensive 52x48 mix matrix allowing all 12 analog inputs, eight aux inputs, 16 expansion bus inputs and 16 virtual bus returns to be discreetly routed to any or all of the eight analog outputs, eight aux outputs, 16 expansion bus outputs and the 16 virtual bus sends.
The DMP 128 Plus AT models feature an even larger 84x48 mix matrix allowing all 12 analog inputs, eight aux inputs, 48 Dante inputs and 16 virtual bus returns to be discreetly routed to any or all of the eight analog outputs, eight aux outputs, 16 Dante outputs and the 16 virtual bus sends.
Expanded Routing Across Two ProDSP Processors
The DMP EXP expansion port allows two DMP 128 Plus units to be linked together via a single shielded CAT 6 cable. This creates a 16 channel bi-directional 24-bit/48 kHz high-resolution digital audio expansion bus between the two units, allowing expanded input and output signal management and routing capabilities. This expanded 16x16 I/O channel transport between devices allows designers to create audio mixes with advanced I/O and signal management scenarios combining the capabilities of two DMP 128 Plus processors. The expansion port is also available on Extron DTP CrossPoint® matrix switchers. This allows a 16x16 I/O channel transport between the matrix switcher and the DMP 128 Plus to expand the number of available audio inputs for a DTP System, and to offer additional capabilities such as automixing, AEC - Acoustic Echo Cancellation with DMP 128 Plus C models, and VoIP - Voice over Internet Protocol with DMP 128 Plus C V and DMP 128 Plus C V AT models.
Dante Audio Networking
Dante-equipped DMP 128 Plus AT models provide scalable audio transport over a local area network using standard Internet protocols. Each DMP 128 Plus AT sends out 24 channels of digital audio and can receive 48 channels over the network. A built-in four-port Gigabit switch also provides direct interconnection of multiple DMP 128 Plus AT processors, plus AXP 50 C AT and AXP 64 C AT expansion processors to create larger, cost-effective audio matrixes. Dante technology distributes up to 512x512 audio channels at 24-bit/48 kHz over a single Gigabit Ethernet link, or 48x48 audio channels at 24-bit/48 kHz over a single 100 Mbps Ethernet link with extremely low latency. Additionally, the DMP 128 Plus AT can be configured to support primary and redundant Dante audio networks. Setting up a network of Extron digital audio processors requires Dante Controller software, in addition to the DSP Configurator Software.
FlexInput Channels on DMP 128 AT Models
Inputs 1 - 8 on Dante-equipped DMP 128 Plus AT models offer FlexInput capability to route a Dante channel in place of a local mic/line input. The flexible input selection enables the DMP 128 Plus AT to process audio from remote wireless microphones, wallplates, and other sources from anywhere on the Dante network. This allows incorporating the full range of DSP capabilities, including AEC, for incoming Dante channels.
The DMP 128 Plus Series processors feature an automixer with gated and gain sharing modes that can manage up to eight groups of microphone signals. Gating threshold, signal level reduction, and timing parameters are user-adjustable per channel. This allows for fine-tuning to avoid the “chopped” sound characteristic of a traditional automixer when a mic is gated off. As the number of active microphones is doubled, system gain is automatically reduced, uniformly attenuating microphone signal levels to minimize audible changes in the overall sound and the possibility of feedback. For a natural sounding mic mix, the automixer also offers a gain sharing mode which allows all mics to remain on, but the gain for each mic is adjusted in real time to ensure a constant system gain.
Acoustic Echo Cancellation
The four DMP 128 Plus C models include Extron AEC for conferencing applications. AEC is essential for effective remote room-to-room conversations, ensuring clear, natural communication for all participants. These models include eight independent channels of high performance AEC, as well as selectable noise cancellation. AEC processing can be challenged by conditions such as double-talk, when talkers from both ends are speaking simultaneously, and when near end talkers use wireless microphones. Extron AEC features advanced algorithms that deliver fast echo canceler convergence for optimal intelligibility, even in challenging conditions.
The DSP Configurator Software simplifies AEC and noise cancellation setup with a user-friendly interface that provides real-time metering for ERL - Echo Return Loss, ERLE - Echo Return Loss Enhancement, and TER - Total Echo Reduction levels. Guided alerts appear whenever ERL is outside of the optimal range for echo cancellation. Optional settings include fine adjustments for NLP - Non-Linear Processing to maximize AEC performance in acoustic environments with significant sonic reflections or reverberation.
VoIP - Voice over Internet Protocol Capability
DMP 128 Plus C V and DMP 128 Plus C V AT models include up to eight VoIP lines that can be configured as individual or as rollover. Compatible with a majority of existing VoIP systems, any single V model of the DMP 128 Plus Series can be used for a single VoIP line or as a VoIP farm for up to eight rooms.
Versatile Control Options
Each model is equipped with an ACP audio control port to support the use of Extron Audio Control Panels. ACP control is ideal for systems that do not require a full control system. The DMP 128 Plus can also be controlled and configured via RS-232 serial control, Ethernet control, or USB. It also includes digital I/O ports, which allow for external triggering such as mic activation and muting.
- Six models with 12 mic/line inputs and 8 outputs - The DMP 128 Plus offers signal routing and management for a wide range of sound system applications. It features 12 inputs for mic or line level signals, eight with 48 volt phantom power. The inputs can be routed and mixed to eight line level outputs.
- Inputs: 12 balanced/unbalanced mic/line level on 3.5 mm, 3?pole & 6?pole captive screw connectors
- Outputs: 8 balanced or unbalanced line level on 3.5 mm, 6?pole captive screw connectors
- All models include a USB Audio interface, providing up to four channels of digital audio sends and returns - Support for USB Audio simplifies implementation of systems with either soft-codec conferencing or computer-based audio and enables use of the same interface for both small and large scale systems.
- Eight channels of AEC - acoustic echo cancellation, C models only - The four DMP 128 Plus C models include eight independent channels of high performance AEC, as well as selectable noise cancellation. Extron AEC features advanced algorithms that deliver fast echo canceler convergence for optimal intelligibility in situations that challenge AEC performance, including double?talk, and the use of wireless microphones at the near end.
- Dante audio networking provides a wide range of expansion capabilities, AT models only - Dante equipped DMP 128 Plus AT models, in conjunction with the AXP Series expansion processors, provide scalability for creating larger audio matrixes over a local area network using standard Internet protocols. Dante technology distributes up to 512x512 audio channels at 24?bit/48 kHz over a single Gigabit Ethernet link. Each DMP 128 Plus AT sends out 24 channels of 24?bit/48 kHz digital audio and can receive 48 channels over the network. A built?in four?port Gigabit switch also provides direct interconnection of multiple DMP 128 Plus AT and AXP Series units.
- New Eight VoIP lines that can support generic Session Initiation Protocol - SIP connectivity - The DMP 128 Plus C V and DMP 128 Plus C V AT models are compatible with a majority of existing VoIP systems and can be used for a single VoIP line or as a VoIP farm for up to eight rooms. Organizations can deploy the DMP 128 Plus enterprise wide to maintain consistent connectivity and operation.
- New Optional ACP Series audio control panels provide intuitive audio system control - Direct interface with the DMP 128 Plus offers flexible audio control for systems that do not require a full control system.
- New Macros allow the sequencing of commands that can be sent to the local device or external devices via the LAN port - A single DMP 128 Plus can act as the central interface from a control system, sending commands to other DMP 128 Plus and DTP CrossPoint units
- New Eight Aux inputs and outputs can be individually configured as an audio file player, USB Audio, or in V models, VoIP - Audio file players can be allocated to any aux input and used to playback prerecorded content. USB Audio and VoIP can be allocated to any aux input and any aux output. In these cases, the aux inputs function like returns and the aux outputs function like sends. For USB audio, that would be sends and returns to/from a room PC running a software codec, and VoIP would be sends and returns to/from the central VoIP PBX.
- New Advanced audio processing on all eight analog outputs and all 16 direct Dante/Expansion outputs - Up to 24 speaker zones can be implemented on one DMP 128 Plus with full processing for each zone, making it ideal for full-blown mix-minus implementations.
- New Extensive mix matrixing in every DMP 128 Plus allows all inputs to be discretely routed to any or all outputs - The DMP 128 Plus models feature an extensive 52x48 mix matrix allowing all 12 analog inputs, eight aux inputs, 16 expansion bus inputs and 16 virtual bus returns to be discreetly routed to any or all of the eight analog outputs, eight aux outputs, 16 expansion bus outputs and the 16 virtual bus sends. The DMP 128 Plus AT models feature an even larger 84x48 mix matrix allowing all 12 analog inputs, eight aux inputs, 48 Dante inputs and 16 virtual bus returns to be discreetly routed to any or all of the eight analog outputs, eight aux outputs, 16 Dante outputs and the 16 virtual bus sends.
- New Each of the VoIP lines can support generic Session Initiation Protocol - SIP connectivity, V models only - Organizations can deploy the DMP 128 Plus enterprise wide to maintain consistent connectivity and operation.
- New 16 virtual processing loops allow for great flexibility in sub-mixing and processing
- New Up to eight audio file players can be used to play back audio files for system set-up or as part of the system design - Use the provided pink noise, white noise, and sine wave files, or import your own WAV, AIFF, or MP3 files up to 32-bit/384 kHz.
- New Lower latency - Newer, faster and more powerful DSP chips maximize performance, resulting in latency that is half that of the previous generation. The DMP 128 Plus features very low, deterministic latency from input to output, regardless of the number of active channels or processes. While latency increases in channels with AEC enabled, and marginally with the automixer, overall latency remains low. This keeps audio in sync with video, and prevents distractions to presenters or performers resulting from delayed live audio.
- New Adaptive Gain - A new adaptive gain processor block that allows a given microphone input to affect levels on any one or all other inputs and virtual returns.
- Built-in four-port Gigabit switch on DMP 128 AT models - Provides direct interconnection to additional DMP 128 Plus AT and AXP Series units.
- Eight inputs with FlexInput capability - Eight inputs can be configured for either analog or Dante signals. This provides the option to route either a local mic/line input or a Dante input through the processor for remote wireless mics, wallplates, and sources located anywhere on the Dante network to be brought into the DMP 128 Plus AT.
- Digital audio expansion port for linking two DMP 128 Plus units - An expansion port allows any two DMP 128 Plus models to be linked together via a single shielded CAT 6 cable. This creates a 16 channel bi-directional 24-bit/48 kHz high-resolution digital audio expansion bus between the two units, allowing expanded input and output signal management and routing capabilities. The expansion port is also compatible with Extron DTP CrossPoint® matrix switchers for a 16x16 I/O channel transport between devices. A 1' (0.3 m) shielded CAT 6 cable is included.
- Automixer with eight groups - The DMP 128 Plus features an automixer with gated and gain sharing modes for managing up to eight groups of microphone signals. Gating threshold, signal level reduction, and timing parameters are user?adjustable per channel, allowing for fine?tuning to avoid the “chopped” sound characteristic of a traditional automixer when a mic is gated off.
- ProDSP™ 64?bit floating point signal processing - The DMP 128 Plus features 64?bit floating point audio DSP processing, which maintains very wide dynamic range and audio signal transparency, to simplify management of gain staging while reducing the possibility of DSP signal clipping.
- 48 volt phantom power - The DMP 128 Plus is equipped with selectable 48 volt phantom power for the first eight inputs, allowing the use of condenser microphones.
- Studio grade 24?bit/48 kHz analog?to?digital and digital?to?analog converters - Professional converters fully preserve the integrity of the original audio signal.
- DSP Configurator™ Software - A powerful yet user?friendly PC?based software tool for managing all audio operations of the DMP 128 Plus. It enables complete setup and configuration of digital audio processing tools on the ProDSP platform, as well as routing and mixing.
- Intuitive Graphical User Environment - The DSP Configurator Software features a Graphical User Environment that offers a clear view of all inputs and outputs, audio processing blocks, routing, mix points, and virtual routing in a single window. This allows a designer or installer to quickly view an audio configuration without having to access multiple windows or menus.
- Device Manager enables configuration of multiple Extron DSP products - Device Manager in the DSP Configurator Software enables easy configuration of multiple Extron DSP products, including linked or networked DMP 128 Plus processors, by toggling between Graphical User Environments for each unit. Processors can be grouped into folders for organizing as separate rooms or buildings. Settings for multiple Extron DSP products in Device Manager can be saved to a single file.
- Copy and paste for processing blocks - To help speed audio system design and setup, parameter settings can be quickly copied between individual processing blocks or identical groups of blocks within the Graphical User Environment, using conventional cut?and?paste commands.
- Building Blocks processor settings - A collection of pre?designed processor settings optimized for a specific type of input or output device, such as microphones and Extron speakers, with preset levels, filters, dynamics, and more. Flexible Building Blocks are available on each I/O strip and allow system designers to fully customize and save their own Building Blocks, further streamlining audio system design and integration.
- Live and Emulate operation modes with configuration file saving - Live mode allows integrators to connect to the DMP 128 Plus and make live parameter adjustments while hearing or metering them in real?time. This avoids the need to compile and upload a configuration file to the DSP. Emulate mode allows settings to be configured offline, then uploaded to the DMP 128 Plus. Additionally, current settings on a DMP 128 Plus can be backed up to a configuration file for archiving.
- 32 DSP Configurator presets - Using the DSP Configurator Software, any parameters for DSP processing, levels, or audio routing can be saved as presets. These settings can be saved for the entire system, or any selected group of inputs, outputs, mix points, and DSP blocks.
- 24 digital I/O ports for remote control or feedback - 8 sets of 3 configurable digital I/O ports are provided, so that the DMP 128 Plus can be programmed to sense and then respond to external triggers such as mic activation, muting, and recall of presets.
- Triple matrix design provides output, virtual, and expansion routing options - The DMP 128 Plus employs a triple matrix design that offers substantial flexibility in routing, mixing, and processing audio input sources. The primary output matrix allows any of the 12 inputs to be matrix mixed to any or all eight outputs. If desired, any of the inputs can first be directed into the virtual matrix, which routes the inputs to eight virtual buses, before being mixed back into the output matrix. Virtual buses allow inputs to be processed together as a group. The expansion matrix provides signal routing between a DMP 128 Plus and another DMP 128 Plus or an Extron DTP CrossPoint matrix switcher. The expansion matrix is also used on DMP 128 AT models to distribute and receive audio from the Dante network.
- Group masters - The DMP 128 Plus provides the capability to consolidate gain or mute control throughout the system. Gain or mute controls can be selected and added to a group master, which can then be controlled by a single master fader or mute control. Each group master can have up to 16 members, and up to 32 group masters can be created.
- Soft limits provide optimal group master adjustment range - The group master volume range can be limited using soft limits to maintain optimal minimum and maximum levels when using external volume control. This prevents operators from over or under-adjusting levels when using digital I/O or RS?232 control. The DSP Configurator Software provides quick drag?and?drop adjustment of soft limits from the Group Controls screen. SpeedNav™ keyboard navigation - SpeedNav enables user?friendly, keyboard?based navigation of the DSP Configurator Software without the need for a mouse or touchpad. Using keyboard navigation keys and shortcuts, the user can access any input or output, mix point, and all audio DSP tools. Using only the keyboard for software access can help expedite audio system setup and optimization while on?site using laptop PCs. Front panel input and output signal presence and clipping LEDs - The DMP 128 Plus provides LEDs on the front panel for each input and output, for real?time monitoring of signal presence. A separate LED illuminates as a warning whenever analog signal clipping is detected.
- Front panel USB configuration port - Enables easy configuration without having to access the processor's rear panel.
- Ethernet monitoring and control - Engineered to meet the needs of professional AV environments, Ethernet control enables the DMP 128 Plus to be proactively monitored and managed over a LAN, WAN, or the Internet, using standard TCP/IP protocols.
- Rack?mountable 1U, full rack width metal enclosure
- Highly reliable, energy?efficient internal universal power supply - The 100?240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, international power supply provides worldwide power compatibility with high demonstrated reliability.
Note: Dante™ is a trademark of Audinate® Pty Ltd.