For Extron Prices, please contact our Technical Sales Team on +00 44 (0)1202 872771 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Extron DSC HD-HD 4K Series is a family of HDCP 2.2-compliant scalers capable of converting between HDMI resolutions ranging from 480i to 4096x2160. They incorporate the Extron-exclusive Vector 4K scaling engine, specifically engineered for 4K applications including full-motion video and highly detailed computer graphics. PLUS models deliver 4K/60 performance with full 4:4:4 signal processing and feature 18 Gbps HDMI 2.0 interfaces. The DSC HD-HD 4K Series scalers offers many integrator-friendly features, such as on-screen display, stereo audio embedding and de-embedding, internal test patterns, and the ability to display custom images and logos for on-screen corporate branding and messaging. There are three models in the series: the DSC HD-HD 4K A, DSC HD-HD 4K PLUS A, and the DSC HD-HD 4K PLUS A xi.
Versatile 4K Signal Integration
Each model in the DSC HD-HD 4K series can process single-path 4K signals. For applications requiring more advanced 4K signal management, the DSC HD-HD 4K PLUS A xi features a pair of HDMI inputs and outputs. The additional input and output allow integration with PC graphics cards and large-venue projectors that support 4K as two columns. For digital signage applications, a pair of 1080p inputs can be displayed side-by-side on a single 4K output. Alternatively, the DSC HD-HD 4K PLUS A xi can deliver two simultaneous scaled outputs up to 4096x2160 at 60 Hz, for feeding two downstream displays without the need for a distribution amplifier.
Vector 4K Scaling
The DSC HD?HD 4K Series incorporates the Extron-exclusive Vector 4K scaling engine, developed in-house and engineered to deliver best-in-class image upscaling and downscaling. The Vector 4K engine embodies several Extron-patented scaling technologies, plus a new set of image processing algorithms that deliver uncompromising scaling performance. This enables sharp, accurate scaling of standard definition and high definition signals up to 4K, as well as downscaling of 4K source signals for lower resolution displays without losing critical image detail.
High Performance Video Processing
The DSC HD?HD 4K Series provides high performance deinterlacing of all interlaced signals up to 1080i, and Deep Color processing to deliver optimal image quality. Automatic 3:2 and 2:2 pulldown detection maximizes image quality for content sources originating from film. Additionally, the color space and chroma subsampling of the HDMI output can be automatically set to ensure compatibility with a connected DVI or HDMI display.
Selectable FILL and FOLLOW modes are also available to ensure the proper aspect ratio of the output. FILL mode provides full screen output, while FOLLOW mode preserves the original aspect ratio of the input signal.
Display Custom Images and Logos
These scalers provide the convenience of uploading custom images, which can be displayed as a screen saver after a predefined duration of inactivity at the video input, or whenever the input is disconnected between presentations. A customized image can also be displayed whenever HDCP-encrypted content is transmitted to a non-HDCP compliant display.
A custom graphic logo, such as a company logo, can be inserted into any presentation. Several key effects are available and a logo can be positioned anywhere on-screen.
Enhanced Audio Capabilities
DSC HD-HD 4K Series scalers include a convenient two-channel analog audio input for embedding audio onto the HDMI output, as well as a two-channel analog audio output for sending de-embedded audio to a sound system or other audio destination. They also deliver essential audio integration capabilities, including discrete, selectable analog and digital audio muting, input gain and attenuation, and output volume control.
Multiple Options for Control and Operation
DSC HD-HD 4K Series scalers feature front panel controls for quick access to functions. Remote configuration is available via USB and Ethernet, while external control is available through RS-232 and Ethernet. The on-screen menus provide control over the unit's functions and settings, including quick access to key parameters such as input and output video formats and resolutions. Additionally, LED indicators on the front panel provide visual confirmation of video input and output signals, audio input and output signals, and the presence of HDCP encryption. They are housed in 1U, half rack width metal enclosures and can be easily integrated into a variety of environments.
- HDMI to HDMI 4K scaling - The DSC HD-HD 4K Series provides high quality scaling of HDMI video resolutions and frame rates.
- HDCP 2.2 compliant - Ensures display of content-protected media and interoperability with other HDCP-compliant devices.
- HDMI 2.0 interfaces with support for data rates up to 18 Gbps PLUS models - Supported HDMI 2.0 specification features include data rates up to 18 Gbps, Deep Color, and HD lossless audio formats.
- Advanced 4:4:4 signal processing - 4:4:4 signal processing for enhanced color accuracy and fine picture detail.
- Inputs: One HDMI two HDMI for DSC HD?HD 4K PLUS A xi, balanced/unbalanced stereo audio on 5?pole captive screw
- Outputs: One HDMI two HDMI for DSC HD?HD 4K PLUS A xi, balanced/unbalanced stereo audio on 5?pole captive screw
- Accepts HDMI video from 480i up to 4096x2160 - DSC HD-HD 4K A supports up to 4096x2160/30 @ 4:4:4, PLUS models support up to 4096x2160/60 @ 4:4:4
- Selectable output rates from 640x480 up to 4096x2160 - DSC HD-HD 4K A supports up to 4096x2160/30 @ 4:4:4, PLUS models support up to 4096x2160/60 @ 4:4:4
- Supports single path and dual path 4K signals xi model only - The DSC HD-HD 4K PLUS A xi offers the convenience of managing 4K/60 video as a single or dual path signal, for flexibility when working with 4K sources, peripherals, and displays.
- Display two equal resolution input signals as a single side-by-side image xi model only
- Distribution Amplifier Mode xi model only - The second output of the DSC HD-HD 4K PLUS A xi can provide a duplicate of the primary output, allowing a source to be scaled and presented simultaneously on two separate displays without the need for a distribution amplifier.
- Advanced Extron Vector„¢ 4K scaling engine - The Vector 4K scaling engine is specifically designed for critical-quality 4K imagery, with best-in-class image upscaling and downscaling.
- Motion-adaptive deinterlacing for signals up to 1080i - Advanced deinterlacing for all interlaced signals up to 1080i delivers optimized image quality.
- Displays user-supplied images for screen saver, corporate branding, logo insertion, and HDCP notification - Custom, user-loaded images can be displayed as a screen saver after a predefined duration of inactivity at the video input, or whenever the input is disconnected between presentations. User-supplied images can also be displayed for HDCP Visual Confirmation, whenever HDCP-encrypted content is transmitted to a non-HDCP compliant display.
- Logo image keying and display - A logo graphic can be positioned and keyed over live video. Logo graphics in BMP, JPG, PNG, or TIFF format may be uploaded to the unit. Full screen images up to 4K resolution can also be displayed to eliminate loss of video between presentations.
- HDMI audio embedding - Audio from the two-channel analog input can be embedded onto the HDMI output.
- HDMI audio de-embedding -Embedded HDMI two?channel PCM audio can be extracted to the analog output, or multi?channel and bitstream formats can be passed to the HDMI output.
- User-selectable HDCP authorization - Allows the unit to appear HDCP compliant or non-HDCP compliant to the connected source, which is beneficial if the source automatically encrypts all content when connected to an HDCP-compliant device. Protected material is not passed in non?HDCP mode.
- EDID Minder® automatically manages EDID communication between connected devices - EDID Minder ensures that the source powers up properly and reliably outputs content for display.
- Supports custom EDID and output resolutions - Three user-defined scaling output resolutions can be supported by uploading custom EDID files, or capturing EDID from a display or other destination device.
- Aspect ratio control - The aspect ratio of the video output can be controlled by selecting a FILL mode, which provides a full screen output, or a FOLLOW mode, which preserves the original aspect ratio of the input signal.
- HDCP authentication and signal presence confirmation - Provides real-time verification of HDCP status for the digital video input and output. This allows for simple, quick, and easy signal and HDCP verification through front panel LEDs, RS?232, USB, or Ethernet, providing valuable feedback to a system operator or helpdesk support staff.
- HDCP Visual Confirmation provides a green signal when encrypted content is sent to a non-compliant display - A full-screen green signal is sent when HDCP-encrypted content is transmitted to a non-HDCP compliant display, providing immediate visual confirmation that protected content cannot be viewed on the display.
- HDMI to DVI Interface Format Correction - Automatically enables or disables embedded audio and InfoFrames, and sets the correct color space for proper connection to HDMI and DVI displays.
- AFL„¢ - Accu-RATE Frame Lock - A patented technology exclusive to Extron that locks the output frame rate to the input to eliminate stuttering caused by frame rate conversion.
- Front panel LED indicators for video, HDCP, and audio presence plus power - Provides visual indication of system status for real-time feedback and monitoring of key performance parameters.
- Image freeze control - A live image can be frozen using RS?232 serial control, USB, or Ethernet control.
- Auto-Image„¢ setup - When activated, the unit automatically optimizes the image by analyzing and adjusting to the video input signal. This can save time and effort in setting up a newly connected source, particularly in presentation environments where different guest presenter laptops with various output resolutions will be connected.
- Auto Input Memory - When activated, the unit automatically stores size, position, and picture settings based on the incoming signal. When the same signal is detected again, these image settings are automatically recalled from memory.
- On-screen menus - Intuitive on?screen menus allow for easy system setup using the front panel controls. Key parameters such as input and output video formats are conveniently grouped on the initial Quick Setup screen, while additional screens provide full control over the unit's other functions and settings.
- Output Standby Mode - The unit can be set to automatically mute video and sync output to the display device when no active input signal is detected. This allows the projector or flat-panel display to automatically enter into standby mode to save energy and enhance lamp or panel life.
- Power Save Mode - The unit can be placed in a low power standby state to conserve energy when not in use.
- Automatic 3:2 and 2:2 pulldown detection - Advanced film mode processing techniques that instantaneously detect and maximize image quality for NTSC, PAL, and 1080i sources that originated from film.
- Picture controls for brightness, contrast, and detail, as well as horizontal and vertical sizing, positioning, and overscan
- Input presets - Memory presets are available to store and recall optimized image settings.
- Internal video test patterns and pink noise generator for calibration and setup - The unit offers several video test patterns and audio pink noise to facilitate proper system setup and calibration of display devices.
- Automatic input cable equalization - Actively conditions incoming HDMI signals to compensate for signal loss when using long cables, low quality cables, or source devices with poor signal output.
- Output volume control - Provides master volume control for the analog and HDMI embedded audio outputs.
- Audio input gain and attenuation - Gain and attenuation can be adjusted for the analog audio input.
- Integrated audio delay - The audio output is automatically delayed to compensate for latency introduced by the video processing.
- Selectable audio muting - The HDMI embedded and analog audio outputs can be independently muted.
- Front panel security lockout - This feature locks out all front panel functions except for input selection; all functions however, are available through Ethernet, USB, or RS?232 control.
- Ethernet monitoring and control - Enables control and proactive monitoring over a LAN or WAN. An intuitive Web interface is included for system monitoring and firmware updates.
- Built?in Web pages - Enables the use of a standard browser for monitoring, troubleshooting, and firmware updates over an intuitive Web interface.
- RS?232 control port - Enables the use of serial commands for integration into a control system. Extron products use the SIS„¢ - Simple Instruction Set command protocol, a set of basic ASCII commands that allow for quick and easy programming.
- Front panel USB configuration port - Enables easy configuration without having to access the rear panel.
- Easy setup and commissioning with Extron's PCS - Product Configuration Software - Conveniently configure multiple products using a single software application.
- 1U, half rack width metal enclosure
- Includes LockIt® HDMI cable lacing brackets
- Highly reliable, energy-efficient internal universal power supply - The 100?240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, international power supply provides worldwide power compatibility with high demonstrated reliability.