Import duties, taxes and any additional delivery or clearance charges, are not included in the item price or the quoted shipping cost.
These charges are the responsibility of the Buyer.
Please check with your local customs office to determine any additional charges prior to purchase.
For Extron Prices, please contact our Technical Sales Team on +00 44 (0)1202 872771 or email us at email@example.com
The Extron MGP 641 xi is a multi-window processor that scales and presents up to four 4K/60 HDMI source signals on a single screen. It features advanced Extron Vector™ 4K scaling technology for unequaled image quality and annotation capabilities with an Extron LinkLicense®. The HDCP 2.3-compliant processor supports live, non?scaled content or graphic images behind the source windows. Windows can be arranged anywhere on the output canvas and rotated for landscape or portrait orientation. The MGP 641 xi SDI model includes support for 12G?SDI sources. HDMI and DTP3 outputs deliver duplicate uncompressed 4K/60 signals to local and remote displays. Providing enhanced content presentation with customizable windows and transition effects, video keying, and on-screen annotation, the MGP 641 xi is ideal for high-end environments and live events.
4K/60 Signals on All Inputs and Outputs
The MGP 641 xi model provides four HDMI inputs, supporting signals up to 4096x2160 at 60 Hz with 4:4:4 color sampling. The MGP 641 xi SDI model includes four independently selectable inputs with HDMI and 12G-SDI source connections. All four sources can be displayed simultaneously. Both models feature an HDMI background input for presenting live, non?scaled full-motion content behind the source windows. This input supports resolutions up to 4K/60 in landscape mode and up to 4K/30 in portrait mode. The background input also facilitates cascading as many as four MGP 641 xi processors to create a large-scale single digital canvas with up to 16 windows.
A single, HDMI output supports video resolutions up to 4096x2160 at 60 Hz with 4:4:4 color sampling. The DTP3 output can extend uncompressed 4K/60 signals up to 330 feet (100 meters) over a single, shielded CAT6A cable. Bidirectional RS?232 signals can be inserted from a control system and transmitted over this cable along with video and audio, enabling remote control of a source or display. For streamlined integration, power can be delivered to select DTP3 endpoints over the same shielded CAT6A cable. The port can be set to support DTP3, XTP®, or HDBaseT transmission using SIS™ – Simple Instruction Set commands or Videowall Configuration Software – VCS.
Flexible Window and Preset Management
Up to four live source windows can be displayed over a background consisting of live video, a still image, or a solid color. The window arrangement and background can be stored as a preset for later recall using a hard-cut or animated transition. Presets include sizing, positioning, and priority information for all windows and can be saved, recalled, and named through the RS?232, Ethernet, or USB port. A total of 128 memory locations are available for storing window presets.
Auto-layout mode automatically configures the window layout to a full screen, side-by-side, pyramid, or quad-split arrangement. The configuration is based on which windows have an active input signal or graphic. When a signal is detected or removed from an input, the window layout automatically adjusts to accommodate the new source palette.
Advanced Vector 4K Scaling
The MGP 641 xi multi-window processor incorporates the Extron-exclusive Vector 4K scaling engine, developed in?house and engineered to provide best-in-class image upscaling and downscaling. Vector 4K embodies several Extron-patented scaling technologies, plus a new set of image processing algorithms that deliver uncompromised scaling performance. This enables sharp, accurate 4:4:4 processing and scaling of video signals up to 4K, as well as downscaling of 4K source signals for display in small windows or on lower-resolution displays without losing critical image detail.
Optional Live Annotation with Extron LinkLicense
Available as an option is the LinkLicense® for MGP 641 xi Annotation that allows presenters to annotate over live video or presentations using a touch screen display or mouse. An intuitive and customizable on-screen menu allows for quick and easy annotation. In addition, annotated screen images can be captured and saved to internal memory, a removable USB flash drive, or a network location.
The user-friendly on-screen menu provides quick access to the following essential annotation tools: Pointer, Freehand, Line, Arrow, Rectangle, Ellipse, Size Select, Eraser, Color, Fill, Undo, Redo, Clear, Window Preset
Complete EDID Management To ensure professional AV systems perform as designed, it is crucial that EDID communication between video sources and sink devices is managed correctly. Precise management of EDID allows source equipment to send video and audio signals in formats and parameters that best match display device capabilities. Mishandling of EDID could result in less-than-optimal image quality, no image, or poor sound.
A suite of Extron tools is available for complete control over EDID management. EDID Minder® technology offers a library of EDID files that can be applied to any video input. Additional EDID can be captured from connected displays or uploaded by the user. EDID Minder is easily accessible in VCS. EDID Manager 2.1 is a freely downloadable Windows® utility for viewing and editing EDID files. This software enables video format optimization, chroma sampling and color bit depth manipulation, and adjustment to audio capabilities. Edited files may be saved, added to the library, and easily applied to devices within the system.
Integrated Audio Support
Digital audio from any of the four windows or the background input can be de?embedded and/or passed through as embedded digital audio. Multi-channel bitstream formats can be passed to the HDMI and DTP3 outputs. Also, embedded two?channel PCM audio can be extended over the DTP3 output or extracted as balanced or unbalanced stereo audio to the analog outputs.
Local and Remote System Control
The MGP 641 xi processor features front panel controls and intuitive on?screen menus for quick access to functions. In addition, local USB control allows users to easily adjust the size and position of windows with a connected mouse or touch screen display. Remote configuration and control are available via USB, RS?232, and Ethernet. They can also be configured using Extron's VCS software, a user-friendly application. It expedites setup, commissioning, real-time monitoring, and operation plus provides the capability to configure multiple Extron products in the same session.
- Display up to four source windows on a single canvas with a live or static background — Simplifies system design by reducing the need for multiple displays.
- New Four 12G SDI and four HDMI inputs - MGP 641 xi SDI
- New Automatically adapts to SMPTE and ITU digital video standards for SDI signals up to a 12G?SDI data rate - MGP 641 xi SDI only — MGP 641 xi SDI provides SDI inputs that support 12G, 6G, 3G, HD, and SD?SDI signals.
- Four HDMI inputs - MGP 641 xi
- New DTP3 output is compatible with HDBaseT™-enabled devices — The DTP3 output can be configured to send video and embedded audio signals, plus bidirectional RS?232 to an HDBaseT-enabled display.
- HDMI output delivers 4K/60 4:4:4 signals to a local display
- New Live annotation capabilities with Extron LinkLicense® — Optional LinkLicense for MGP 641 xi Annotation allows a presenter to draw and point in real-time over live video and graphics presentations.
- HDMI background input — A dedicated non?scaled input accepts live content or images from an HDMI source for display behind the source windows.
- Supports 4K/60 signals on all inputs and outputs — Supports HDMI input and output signals up to 4096x2160 at 60 Hz with 4:4:4 color sampling. The MGP 641 xi SDI also supports 12G?SDI input signals up to 4096x2160 at 60 Hz with 4:2:2 color sampling.
- Supported HDMI 2.0 specification features include data rates up to 18 Gbps, Deep Color up to 12?bit, and HD lossless audio formats
- Advanced Extron Vector™ 4K scaling engine — The Vector 4K scaling engine is specifically designed for critical-quality 4K imagery, with best-in-class image upscaling and downscaling.
- New USB-A ports — Supports USB peripherals for manipulating window size and position, accessing Annotation OSD menu, and storing captured screen images. Each USB port supports data rates up to 5 Gbps.
- New Capture, store, and recall images using a USB flash drive — An image can be captured as a snapshot of the live video output, including annotations, and saved to internal memory, a removable USB flash drive, or a network location.
- Multiple window transition effects — Windows can be transitioned into and out of the preset using dissolve and cut effects, resulting in smooth, professional presentations.
- New Integrated DTP3 extension supports transmission of uncompressed 4K/60 video up to 330' (100 m) over a shielded CAT6A cable
- New Compatible with all DTP®- and DTP3?enabled products, plus XTP II CrossPoint® matrix switchers — Enables mixing and matching with desktop and wallplate receivers, as well as other DTP3 and DTP?enabled products to meet application requirements. The MGP 641 xi processor can be integrated with XTP® and XTP II CrossPoint matrix switchers to provide connectivity between presentation spaces and a larger, facility-wide system.
- HDCP 2.3 compliant — Ensures display of content-protected media and interoperability with other HDCP-compliant devices.
- User-selectable HDCP authorization — Allows individual inputs to appear HDCP-compliant or non?HDCP compliant to the connected source, which is beneficial if the source automatically encrypts all content when connected to an HDCP-compliant device. Protected material is not passed in non?HDCP mode.
- HDCP Visual Confirmation — When HDCP encrypted content is transmitted to a non?HDCP compliant display, a green window is sent to the display for immediate visual confirmation that protected content cannot be viewed on that display.
- Key Minder® continuously verifies HDCP compliance for quick, reliable switching — Key Minder authenticates and maintains continuous HDCP encryption between input and output devices to ensure quick and reliable switching in professional AV environments, while enabling simultaneous distribution of a single source signal to two or more displays.
- EDID Minder® automatically manages EDID communication between connected devices — EDID Minder ensures that all sources reliably output content at power up.
- Supports custom EDID and output resolutions — User-defined output resolutions up to a 600 MHz pixel clock can be supported by uploading custom EDID files or capturing EDID from a display or other destination device.
- Custom output resolutions — Maximizes compatibility with evolving display technology, non?standard displays, and direct-view LED systems.
- Logo image keying and display — A logo graphic can be positioned and keyed over live video. Graphics files in BMP, JPG, PNG, or TIFF format may be uploaded to the unit. Full-screen images up to 4K resolution can also be displayed to eliminate loss of video between presentations. Up to 32 logo images can be stored on the processor.
- Video keying — Title information or other content from an input source can be keyed over the Program image.
- Cascade multiple MGP 641 xi processors for additional windows — Up to four MGP 641 xi units can be linked via the HDMI background input to allow presentation of up to 16 windows on a single display.
- Fully customizable window layouts — Up to four windows can be sized, positioned, and overlapped anywhere on the single digital canvas, with additional adjustments for zoom and priority.
- Output rotation — The duplicate HDMI and DTP3 output signals can be rotated 90 degrees, accommodating displays arranged in portrait or landscape orientations.
- Source rotation — Inputs 2 and 4 can be rotated 90 degrees, providing flexible and creative presentation options for live content.
- Dynamic input detection — Instead of conventional lookup tables, Vector 4K technology analyzes incoming digital video signal parameters for precise signal detection, conversion, and scaling. This capability facilitates fast, flexible detection of both standard and custom resolutions.
- Auto-layout mode — Automatically configures the window layout to a full screen, a side-by-side, a pyramid, or a quad-split arrangement, based on which inputs have an active signal.
- Seamless presentation of signals sourced from upstream devices — Signals sourced from an upstream switcher can be transitioned using cut to black, fade to black, seamless cut, or seamless fade for clean, professional-looking presentations.
- Image freeze control — Any window can be frozen via the front panel, RS?232, or Ethernet control.
- Window mute control — Any window can be added or removed via the front panel, RS?232, or Ethernet control.
- Customizable window borders — Borders provide easy identification of displayed content. The Window Border options include semi-transparent borders and text labels with adjustable size, color, and location.
- 128 window configuration presets — A total of 128 default window presets are available and customizable to allow quick saving and recall of size, positioning, priority, and border style for each window.
- Window preset effects — Transitions between presets can be set to Cut or Animated. The Animated effect dynamically resizes and repositions the four windows to the locations determined by a new preset. Duration is adjustable.
- Screen Saver Mode — Can be set to automatically mute video and sync output to the display device when there are no active connections or logos displayed. The connected display automatically enters standby mode to conserve energy, reducing costs and increasing panel life.
- Customizable on-screen clock — A clock in a digital time format can be presented anywhere on screen, with user-definable size, color, and time/date formatting.
- Stereo audio de?embedding — Embedded HDMI two?channel PCM audio can be extended over the DTP3 output or extracted as balanced or unbalanced stereo audio to the analog outputs.
- Aspect ratio control — The aspect ratio of the image in a window can be controlled by selecting a FILL mode that provides a full-window display or a FOLLOW mode, which preserves the original aspect ratio of the input signal.
- Front panel controls with LCD display — Back lit front panel buttons and an LCD menu system with navigation controls ensure simplified operation and provide quick access to configuration settings.
- Front panel USB-C® configuration port — Enables easy system configuration without having to access the rear panel.
- Easy-to-use configuration and control software — Extron Videowall Configuration Software - VCS reduces configuration and preset programming time with a task-oriented, intuitive interface.
- Built-in Web pages — Enables the use of a standard browser for device monitoring and troubleshooting over an intuitive Web interface.
- Internal video test patterns and pink noise generator for calibration and setup
- Ethernet monitoring and control — Enables control and proactive monitoring over a LAN or WAN.
- Adjust window size and position with a USB touch screen display or mouse — Local USB control using the connected USB touch screen display or mouse.
- RS-232 control port — Facilitates the use of serial commands for integration into a control system. Extron products use the SIS™ protocol, a set of basic ASCII commands that allow for quick and easy programming.
- Front panel security lockout — Locks out front panel functions; all functions remain available through Ethernet, USB, or RS?232 control.
- Rack-mountable 1U, full rack width metal enclosure
- Includes LockIt® HDMI cable lacing brackets
- Internal Extron Everlast™ power supply — Provides worldwide power compatibility, with high demonstrated reliability and low power consumption for reduced operating cost.
- Extron Everlast power supply is covered by a 7?year parts and labor warranty