Import duties, taxes and any additional delivery or clearance charges, are not included in the item price or the quoted shipping cost.
These charges are the responsibility of the Buyer.
Please check with your local customs office to determine any additional charges prior to purchase.
Available January 2019
For Extron Prices, please contact our Technical Sales Team on +00 44 (0)1202 872771 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Extron IN1808 is an eight input seamless presentation switcher that supports signal resolutions up to 4K/60 at 4:4:4. It incorporates Extron-patented Vector 4K seamless scaling technology specifically engineered for the most demanding applications. It features DisplayPort and HDMI inputs, HDMI output and Extron DTP2 extension to send video, audio, and control signals up to 330 feet (100 meters) over a shielded CATx cable. A built-in Extron IPCP Pro control processor and integrated 100 watt class D power amplifier make the IN1808 an all-in-one system design solution. The IN1808 delivers excellent image quality, fast and reliable switching, along with Extron ProDSP audio processing, seamless video transition effects, logo keying, and HDMI loop-through.
Vector 4K Scaling
The IN1808 incorporates the Extron-exclusive Vector 4K scaling engine, developed in-house to deliver best-in-class image upscaling and downscaling. The Vector 4K engine embodies a new set of image processing algorithms that deliver uncompromising scaling performance with 30?bit precision processing. This enables sharp, accurate scaling of standard definition and high definition signals up to 4K, as well as downscaling of 4K source signals for lower resolution displays without losing critical image detail.
For professional-quality transitions between sources, the IN1808 offers a range of switching effects. These include seamless freeze/cut, freeze/fade, cut-through-black, and fade-through-black modes. In addition, the IN1808 provides the capability to insert a custom graphic image, such as a company logo, onto the video outputs. Selectable FILL and FOLLOW modes are available to set the desired video aspect ratio. FILL mode provides full screen output, while FOLLOW mode preserves the original aspect ratio of the input signal.
Integrated Digital Twisted Pair Extension
The IN1808 includes two DTP2 inputs and one mirrored Extron DTP2 twisted pair output that support 4K/60 @ 4:4:4 signal extension up to 330 feet (100 meters) over a shielded CATx cable when paired with DTP2 endpoints.
The two DTP2 twisted pair inputs can receive signals from remote DTP or DTP2 transmitters in areas such as a conference table, lectern, or wall for connecting a guest laptop. The DTP2 twisted pair output can be used to transmit from an IN1808 in a rack to a DTP or DTP2 receiver behind a flat-panel display on a wall, above a ceiling-mounted projector, or any other remote location. DTP transmitters and receivers are available in rack mount, wallplate, and floorbox form factors to suit application requirements.
DTP2 connections bring convenient and integrator-friendly features designed to simplify installation. Bidirectional RS-232 and IR signals can be inserted from a control system and transmitted over a single shielded CATx cable together with the video and audio, enabling control of a source or display. Additionally, the IN1808 can provide power to select DTP and DTP2 endpoints over the same shielded CATx cable, streamlining system design and installation. The DTP2 output on IN1808 can be configured for compatibility with HDBaseT-enabled displays to send digital video and embedded audio, plus bidirectional RS?232 and IR signals up to 330 feet (100 meters).
The IN1808 can be integrated into an XTP CrossPoint matrix switcher system. This is ideal for facility-wide AV system applications with a centralized AV signal distribution infrastructure, as well as several presentation spaces with local AV switching and processing. An IN1808 in a room can connect into an XTP CrossPoint matrix switcher in a central equipment rack or closet to receive shared AV resources, and also distribute a local presentation to several destinations in a facility.
ProDSP Audio Integration and Available Power Amplifier
In addition to video switching and scaling, the IN1808 can serve as the central component for full audio system integration. The same full-featured, high performance audio signal processing found in the Extron DMP 128 Plus and DMP 64 digital signal processors is built into every IN1808 model. Extron-exclusive ProDSP is engineered from the ground up using a powerful 64-bit floating point DSP engine to provide very wide dynamic range and reduce the potential for clipping. ProDSP utilizes studio grade 24-bit audio converters with 48 kHz sampling to maintain audio signal transparency. IN1808 with ProDSP has comprehensive capabilities to control audio embedding, de-embedding, mic/line mixing with ducking, feedback suppression, dynamics, equalization, delay, and phantom power.
IN1808 models are available with a choice of integrated power amplifiers. IN1808 IPCP SA delivers stereo power amplification with 50 watts rms per channel into 4 ohms or 25 watts rms per channel into 8 ohms, while IN1808 IPCP MA 70 provides mono 70 volt amplification with 100 watts rms output. All feature an Extron exclusive Class D amplifier design with patented CDRS™ - Class D Ripple Suppression technology that provides a smooth, clean audio waveform and an improvement in signal fidelity over conventional Class D amplifier designs.
Powerful Integrated Control Processor
IN1808 IPCP models feature a built-in Extron IP Link® Pro control processor with a secure, dedicated three-port AV LAN switch and one standard Ethernet port. The network switch ports of the AV LAN are designed to control local AV devices, and safeguard them from outside intrusion or interference. The IN1808 IPCP delivers high-speed processing and abundant control port capacity for complete, customizable control of an entire AV system, including all source devices and displays, plus lighting, window shades, projection screens, occupancy sensing, and more. Select from a full line of Extron TouchLink® Pro touchpanel models, available in a range of screen sizes in tabletop, wall-mount, and Extron Cable Cubby® form factors. Simply connect a TouchLink Pro touchpanel to a built-in LAN port to create a complete AV control system.
Extron eBUS® button panels can also be used with the built-in IPCP Pro control processor. The integration-friendly eBUS technology is based on a unique digital bus architecture that allows for easy control system expansion, greater design options, and future upgrades. As with our TouchLink Pro touchpanels, eBUS button panels are designed for use with any Extron IPCP Pro Series control processor, allowing them to be used as a single user interface for a smaller system or multiple button panels and touchpanels may be combined when a more elaborate control system is required.
As with all Extron control systems, the IN1808 IPCP is very intuitive and easy to configure with Global Configurator® software. The latest version of Global Configurator includes powerful, advanced features such as conditional logic, local variables, and macros. The IN1808 IPCP offers the versatility to integrate a wide range of system control applications, from system powering and source switching, to elaborate operations such as videoconferencing management.
Global Configurator Professional adds unprecedented scalability with Controller Groups, a unique feature that allows an IN1808 IPCP to be combined with additional IP Link Pro processors to create a large-scale control system. This is ideal for controlling multiple systems, rooms, or even remote locations around the world. IN1808 IPCP systems throughout a facility, building, campus, or offices worldwide can be monitored and managed using Extron GlobalViewer® Enterprise server-based software. GlobalViewer Enterprise enables powerful enterprise-wide scheduling, monitoring, and helpdesk functions from a central location.
Extron LinkLicense® is an easy, cost-effective way for people to add even more powerful capabilities to Extron products. Purchasing a LinkLicense for User Interfaces upgrade for the IN1808 IPCP will enable a mobile device or computer to serve as the primary control interface for the AV system. This expands AV control options, and promotes BYOD - Bring Your Own Device convenience. LinkLicense is applied per-system, not per-user, and there are no hidden costs.
Multiple Options for Local and Remote Operation
The IN1808 features front panel controls and intuitive on-screen menus for quick access to functions. Remote configuration and control are available via USB, RS-232, and Ethernet. The IN1808 can be configured using Extron's PCS - Product Configuration Software with a user-friendly GUI that is very easy to navigate. This software application allows for expedited setup and commissioning, real-time operation and monitoring, plus the ability to configure multiple Extron products units in the same session.
- Integrates DisplayPort, HDMI, and audio sources into presentation systems — The IN1808 provides centralized switching for a wide range of AV sources.
- DTP2, DisplayPort, and HDMI inputs — The IN1808 features one DisplayPort, five HDMI, and two DTP2 inputs with one HDMI loop-through output selectable for any input.
- DTP2 and HDMI outputs — The IN1808 features one DTP2 and one mirrored HDMI output.
- Advanced Extron Vector™ 4K scaling engine — The Vector 4K scaling engine is specifically designed for critical-quality 4K imagery, with best-in-class image upscaling and downscaling.
- Supports signal resolutions up to 4K/60 with 4:4:4 color sampling
- Logo image keying and display — A logo graphic can be positioned and keyed over the live video output. Logo graphics in BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, or TIFF format may be uploaded to the unit. Full screen images up to 4K resolution can also be displayed to eliminate loss of video between presentations.
- Selectable seamless switching transitions — Seamless freeze/cut, freeze/fade, cut through black, and fade through black transition effects are available.
- Auto?switching between inputs — Auto?switching allows for intuitive operation in collaboration spaces. Multiple switching priority modes are available, including last-connected input and user-selectable priority.
- HDCP 2.2 compliant — Ensures display of content-protected 4K video media and maintains interoperability with earlier versions of HDCP.
- Integrated audio digital signal processor with ProDSP™ 64-bit processing — The IN1808 features 64 bit floating point audio DSP processing, which maintains very wide dynamic range and audio signal transparency to simplify gain stage management while reducing the possibility of DSP signal clipping.
- Available with energy efficient Class D stereo or mono amplifier: 2 x 50 watts @ 4 ohms; 2 x 25 watts @ 8 ohms 1 x 100 watts @ 70 volts — All IN1808 power amplifier options feature an Extron exclusive, highly efficient, advanced Class D amplifier design with CDRS - Class D Ripple Suppression, an Extron patented technology that provides a smooth, clean audio waveform and an improvement in signal fidelity over conventional Class D amplifier designs. CDRS eliminates the high frequency switching ripple characteristic of Class D amplifiers, a source of RF emissions which can interfere with sensitive AV equipment such as wireless microphones.
- Available with integrated IPCP Pro control processor — IN1808 IPCP models include a built-in IPCP Pro control processor for complete AV system control.
- Supports TouchLink® Pro touchpanels and eBUS® button panels
- Integrated three-port AV LAN switch allows AV devices to be isolated from the corporate network — Enables local control of AV devices connected to the AV LAN switch while isolating the AV LAN network traffic from outside interference or intrusion.
- AV LAN only permits communications from the Ethernet port for remote management and firmware updates to Extron devices — Allows Extron devices on the AV LAN to receive firmware updates and be remotely monitored, managed, and controlled through Extron GlobalViewer Enterprise.
- Supports secure industry standard communications protocols — Uses industry standard communication protocols, including HTTP (insecure), HTTPS, SSH, SFTP, SMTP, NTP, Discovery Service, DHCP, DNS, ICMP, and IPv4.
- Supports LinkLicense® — Extron LinkLicense enhances the capabilities of Extron Pro Series control systems.
- Two bidirectional RS?232 ports with software handshaking — Captive screw serial ports that can control two RS?232 devices.
- One bidirectional RS?232/RS?422/RS?485 port with hardware and software handshaking — Captive screw serial port that can communicate with one RS?232/RS?422/RS?485 serially controlled device.
- Two IR/Serial ports for one-way control of external devices
- Four Digital I/O ports — Allows for interfacing with other systems in the room.
- Four relays for controlling room functions — Enables control of lighting, screen settings, and other device functions.
- eBUS port for connecting eBUS button panels and accessories
- Ethernet monitoring and control on each Ethernet port — Manage, monitor, and control AV devices using a standard Ethernet network.
- DHCP server for AV LAN — Automatically distributes IP addresses and network configuration parameters for AV devices connected to the local AV LAN, which streamlines system setup and management.
- Supports popular BMS – Building Management System protocols, such as BACnet, KNX, and DALI — These protocols allow for centralized monitoring and control of mechanical and electrical systems that include HVAC, lighting, power, fire, and security.
- Supports 10/100/1000Base?T
- Supports Ethernet-controllable devices — Allows for control of multiple Ethernet-enabled AV devices such as displays, switchers, and sources.
- Automatic clock synchronization allows touchpanel to display the accurate time and date
- Supports control system synchronization — Synchronization will allow users to retain and recover the state of their configured endpoints in case of network or power failure.
- Multi-level password protection — Allows security to be set based on user roles.
- Fully customizable using Extron control system software — GUI Designer can be combined with Global Configurator® Plus or Global Configurator Professional.
- Create controller groups — Allows multiple IP Link Pro control processors to be grouped together to function as one when configured with Global Configurator Professional.
- Library of enhanced Extron Certified device drivers — Device drivers allow Extron products to control various display and source devices, such as projectors, flat-panel displays, and Blu?ray players. Extron has produced fully tested Ethernet, serial, and IR device drivers.
- Supports DisplayPort SST - Single Stream Transport data rates up to 21.6 Gbps
- Supported HDMI 2.0 specification features include data rates up to 18 Gbps, Deep Color, and HD lossless audio formats
- Stereo audio embedding — Analog audio signals can be embedded onto the DTP2 or HDMI output.
- Stereo audio de-embedding — Embedded HDMI two?channel PCM audio can be extracted to the analog outputs, or multi?channel bitstream formats can be passed to the DTP2 or HDMI output.
- RS?232 insertion from the Ethernet control port — Saves system resources and simplifies installation by enabling a control processor to access remote RS-232 devices over Ethernet.
- Displays user-supplied images for screen saver, corporate branding, logo insertion, and HDCP notification — Custom, user-loaded images can be displayed as a screen saver after a predefined duration of inactivity at the video input, or whenever the input is disconnected between presentations. User-supplied images can also be displayed for HDCP Visual Confirmation, whenever HDCP-encrypted content is transmitted to a non?HDCP compliant display.
- CEC - Consumer Electronics Control Capability — Standard, built-in CEC commands can be triggered to control displays or other AV devices connected to the HDMI or DTP2 outputs. The ability to control specific functions, such as power on/off, input selection, or volume level, is dependent on implementation by the device manufacturer.
- Integrated DTP2 extension supports transmission of video. audio, and control up to 330 feet (100 meters) over a shielded CATx cable
- Extron XTP DTP 24 shielded twisted pair cable is strongly recommended for optimal performance
- Compatible with CATx shielded twisted pair cable — The IN1808 supports a maximum transmission distance of 330 feet (100 meters) for all compatible resolutions when used with CATx shielded twisted pair cable.
- Shielded twisted pair cabling with solid center conductor sizes of 24 AWG or better is recommended for optimal performance.
- Remote powering of DTP endpoints — The IN1808 can provide power to DTP or DTP2 endpoints over the twisted pair connection, eliminating the need for a separate power supply at the remote unit.
- Accepts additional analog stereo audio — The IN1808 supports stereo analog audio signals for simultaneous transmission over the same shielded twisted pair cable.
- Bidirectional RS?232 and IR pass?through for AV device control — Bidirectional RS?232 control and IR signals can be transmitted alongside the video signal over the DTP connection, allowing the remote device to be controlled without the need for additional cabling. Bidirectional control extension eliminates the need for control system wiring to remote devices.
- Compatible with all DTP?enabled products, plus XTP CrossPoint matrix switchers — Enables mixing and matching with desktop and wallplate endpoints, as well as other DTP and DTP2?enabled products to meet application requirements. IN1808 can be integrated with XTP and XTP II CrossPoint matrix switchers to provide connectivity between presentation spaces and a larger, facility-wide system.
- DTP2 output is compatible with HDBaseT-enabled devices — The IN1808 can be configured to send video and embedded audio, plus bidirectional RS?232 and IR signals to an HDBaseT-enabled display.
- RJ?45 signal and link LED indicators for DTP port — Provides a means for validating signal flow and operation, allowing quick identification of connectivity issues.
- User-selectable HDCP authorization for DTP2 and HDMI inputs — Allows inputs 2 through 8 to appear HDCP compliant or non-HDCP compliant to the connected source, which is beneficial if the source automatically encrypts all content when connected to an HDCP-compliant device. Protected material is not passed in non-HDCP mode.
- Key Minder® continuously verifies HDCP compliance for quick, reliable switching — Key Minder authenticates and maintains continuous HDCP encryption between input and output devices to ensure quick and reliable switching in professional AV environments, while enabling simultaneous distribution of a single source signal to one or more displays.
- EDID Minder® automatically manages EDID communication between connected devices — EDID Minder ensures that the source powers up properly and reliably outputs content for display.
- SpeedSwitch® Technology provides exceptional switching speed for HDCP-encrypted content
- Supports custom EDID and output resolutions — User-defined scaling output resolutions can be supported by uploading custom EDID files, or capturing EDID from a display or other destination device.
- HDCP authentication and signal presence confirmation — Provides real-time verification of HDCP status for each digital video input and output. This allows for simple, quick, and easy signal and HDCP verification through RS?232, USB, or Ethernet, providing valuable feedback to a system operator or helpdesk support staff.
- HDCP Visual Confirmation provides a green signal when encrypted content is sent to a non-compliant display — A full-screen green signal is sent when HDCP-encrypted content is transmitted to a non?HDCP compliant display, providing immediate visual confirmation that protected content cannot be viewed on the display.
- Aspect ratio control — The aspect ratio of the video output can be controlled by selecting a FILL mode, which provides a full screen output, or a FOLLOW mode, which preserves the original aspect ratio of the input signal.
- Motion-adaptive deinterlacing for signals up to 1080i — Advanced deinterlacing for all interlaced signals up to 1080i delivers optimized image quality.
- Automatic 3:2 and 2:2 pulldown detection — Advanced film mode processing techniques that help maximize image quality for content sources that originated from film.
- Auto?Image™ setup — When activated, the unit automatically optimizes the image by analyzing and adjusting to the video input signal. This can save time and effort in setting up a newly connected source, particularly in presentation environments where different guest presenter laptops with various output resolutions will be connected.
- Auto Input Memory — When activated, the unit automatically stores size, position, and picture settings based on the incoming signal. When the same signal is detected again, these image settings are automatically recalled from memory.
- Input presets — Memory presets are available to store and recall optimized image settings.
- Output muting control — The video and audio output may be muted independently.
- Image freeze control — A live image can be frozen using RS?232, USB, or Ethernet control.
- On?screen menus — Intuitive on?screen menus allow for easy system setup using the front panel controls. Key parameters such as input and output video formats are conveniently grouped on the initial Quick Setup screen, while additional screens provide full control over the unit's other functions and settings.
- Picture controls for brightness, contrast, and detail, as well as horizontal and vertical sizing, positioning, and overscan
- Internal video test patterns and pink noise generator for calibration and setup — The IN1808 provides several video test patterns and audio pink noise to facilitate proper system setup and calibration of display devices.
- HDMI to DVI Interface Format Correction — Automatically enables or disables embedded audio and InfoFrames, and sets the correct color space for proper connection to HDMI and DVI displays.
- Automatic color bit depth management — Automatically adjusts color bit depth based on the display EDID, preventing color compatibility conflicts between source and display.
- Audio file playback — Up to 16 pre-recorded messages may be stored and played back over any audio output.
- Two mic/line inputs with 48 volt phantom power — Two mic or line level audio sources can be independently mixed with program audio. Selectable 48 volt phantom power allows the use of condenser microphones.
- Two independent line inputs — Two line level audio sources, or a single audio source such as a conferencing codec, can be independently mixed with program and mic audio.
- Mic ducking — Automatically reduces program audio when a microphone or line level incoming audio signal is detected, replacing the need for a separate audio ducking processor.
- Studio grade 24 bit/48 kHz analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters — Professional converters fully preserve the integrity of the original audio signal.
- Low latency DSP processing — The IN1808 features very low, deterministic latency from input to output, regardless of the number of active channels or processes. This keeps audio in sync with video, and prevents distractions to presenters or performers resulting from delayed live audio.
- Group masters — The group master volume range can be limited using soft limits to maintain optimal minimum and maximum levels when using external volume control. This prevents operators from over or under-adjusting levels when using Ethernet, USB, or RS-232 control.
- Soft limits provide optimal group master adjustment range — The group master volume adjustment range can be limited to maintain optimal minimum and maximum levels when using external volume control. This prevents operators from over or under-adjusting levels. The DSP Configurator Software provides quick adjustment of limits from the Group Controls screen.
- DSP presets — Using the PCS Software, all parameters for DSP processing, levels, AV matrix switching ties, and audio matrix mixing can be saved as presets.
- Building Blocks processor settings — A collection of pre-designed processor settings optimized for a specific type of input or output device, such as microphones and Extron speakers, with pre-set levels, filters, dynamics, and more. Flexible Building Blocks are available on each I/O strip and allow system designers to fully customize and save their own Building Blocks, further streamlining audio system design and integration. Audio switching transitions — The audio output level automatically ramps down and then ramps up to match the video during switching transitions.
- Integrated audio delay — The audio output is automatically delayed to compensate for latency introduced by the video processing.
- Supports multiple embedded audio formats — The IN1808 is compatible with a broad range of multi?channel audio signals, providing reliable operation with HDMI sources.
- Output Standby Mode — The IN1808 can be set to automatically mute video and sync output to the display device when no active input signal is detected. This allows the projector or flat-panel display to automatically enter into standby mode to save energy and enhance lamp or panel life.
- Power Save Mode — The IN1808 can be placed in a low power standby state to conserve energy when not in use.
- Front panel security lockout — This feature locks out all front panel functions; all functions however, are available through Ethernet, USB or RS 232 control.
- Ethernet monitoring and control — Enables control and proactive monitoring over a LAN or WAN.
- Built-in Web pages — Enables the use of a standard browser for device monitoring and troubleshooting over an intuitive Web interface.
- RS 232 control port — Enables the use of serial commands for integration into a control system. Extron products use the SIS™ - Simple Instruction Set command protocol, a set of basic ASCII commands that allow for quick and easy programming.
- Front panel USB configuration port — Enables easy system configuration without having to access the rear panel.
- Front panel LED indicators for signal presence, HDCP status, and power — Provides visual indication of system status for real-time feedback and monitoring of key performance parameters.
- Easy setup and commissioning with Extron's PCS - Product Configuration Software — Conveniently configure multiple products using a single software application.
- Rack-mountable metal enclosure — The standard IN1808 features a 1U, full rack width metal enclosure. Models with a built-in power amplifier and control processor are housed in a 2U, full rack width metal enclosure.
- Includes LockIt® HDMI cable lacing brackets
- Internal Extron Everlast™ power supply — Provides worldwide power compatibility, with high?demonstrated reliability and low power consumption for reduced operating cost.
- Extron Everlast Power Supply is covered by a 7?year parts and labor warranty