For Extron Prices, please contact our Technical Sales Team on +00 44 (0)1202 872771 or email us at email@example.com
Available November 2020
The Extron DTP2 T 204 is a four-input switcher for sending HDMI and control up to 330 feet (100 meters) over a shielded CATx cable to an Extron DTP®?enabled product. It provides four HDMI inputs and a DTP2 output. The DTP2 T 204 supports video signals at resolutions up to 4K/60 at 4:4:4 chroma sampling and complies with HDCP 2.3. Ethernet remote control and contact/tally connections facilitate integration in professional environments. Integrator-friendly features include EDID Minder®, auto-switching between inputs, and bidirectional RS?232 and IR pass-through for remote AV device control. The half-rack enclosure enables discreet placement within lecterns, beneath tables, or wherever needed to meet application requirements.
The DTP2 T 204 provides reliable switching and transmission of HDMI video at data rates up to 18 Gbps, along with support for HDR, Deep Color up to 12?bit, 3D, and embedded HD lossless audio formats. For simplified operation, it can automatically switch between the sources. The DTP2 output can be configured to send video and embedded audio, plus bidirectional RS?232 and IR signals, to an HDBaseT™-enabled display.
Comprehensive EDID Management
To ensure professional AV systems perform as designed, it is crucial that EDID communication between video sources and sink devices is managed correctly. Correct management of EDID allows source equipment to send video and audio signals in formats and parameters that best match display device capabilities. Mishandling of EDID could result in suboptimal image quality, no image, and poor sound. The DTP2 T 204 offers a suite of Extron-exclusive tools and capabilities for complete control over EDID management. The EDID Minder software function offers a library of EDID files that can be applied to any video input. Additional EDID can be captured from connected displays or uploaded by the user. EDID Minder is easily accessible in PCS software, and EDID Manager 2.0 is a freely downloadable Windows utility for viewing and editing EDID files. This software enables video format optimization, chroma sampling and color bit depth manipulation, and adjustment to audio capabilities. Edited files may be saved, added to the library, and easily applied to devices within the system.
Features that Streamline Integration
The DTP2 T 204 automatically adjusts color bit depth based on the display EDID to prevent color compatibility conflicts between a source and the display. Front panel LED indicators provide immediate visual confirmation of HDCP authentication and signal presence for each input and the output. If HDCP-encrypted content is transmitted to a non?compliant display, a full-screen green signal indicates that protected content cannot be viewed on that display.
This DTP2 switcher provides other convenient, integrator-friendly features designed to help simplify installation. It supports simultaneous transmission of bidirectional RS?232 and IR signals from a control system for AV device control. Also, the switcher can be remotely powered over the shielded twisted pair cable by a DTP2?enabled product. Alternatively, it can be configured to provide power to the connected DTP2 receiver, allowing both devices to share one power supply.
Convenient control options include front panel control, RS?232, Ethernet, and contact closure with tally output. Configuration of the DTP2 T 204 is made simple with Extron’s PCS - Product Configuration Software, which provides a user-friendly GUI that is very easy to navigate. This software application allows for expedited setup and commissioning, real-time operation and monitoring, plus the ability to configure several units in the same session. In addition, internal Web pages provide system status and setting pages for device monitoring and troubleshooting using a standard browser.
DTP Family of Products
The DTP2 T 204 can be integrated with an Extron DTP CrossPoint® presentation matrix switcher, or other DTP-enabled products to support sources at remote locations. The unit is housed in a 1U high, half rack width metal enclosure.
Extron recommends Extron-certified XTP DTP 24 shielded twisted pair cable, shielded RJ?45 plugs, jacks, and couplers engineered for optimum signal transmission with Extron DTP Series products. The XTP DTP 24 cable is certified to 475 MHz, and utilizes a SF/UTP design with four unshielded 24 AWG twisted pair conductors inside an overall braid and foil shield for superior performance and noise immunity.
- Transmits HDMI and control up to 330 feet (100 meters) over a shielded CATx cable — The DTP2 T 204 provides high reliability and maximum performance on an economical and easily installed cable infrastructure.
- Inputs: Four HDMI female type?A connectors
- Output: One DTP2 twisted pair output on RJ?45
- Supports computer and video resolutions up to 4K/60 @ 4:4:4 — Support of 4K/60 at 4:4:4 chroma sampling requires connection to a matching DTP2 product.
- Auto-switching between inputs — Auto?switching allows for intuitive operation in collaboration spaces. Multiple switching priority modes are available, including last-connected input and user-selectable priority.
- Supported HDMI 2.0b specification features include data rates up to 18 Gbps, HDR, Deep Color up to 12?bit, 3D, and HD lossless audio formats
- Support for HDR – High Dynamic Range video — Enables greater contrast range and wider color gamut by providing the necessary video bandwidth, color depth, and metadata interchange capability for HDR video.
- HDCP 2.3 compliant — Ensures display of content-protected 4K video media and interoperability with other HDCP compliant devices.
- Remote power capability with DTP2 products — For simplified installation, the DTP2 T 204 can be remotely powered by a DTP2?enabled product over the twisted pair connection. It can also be configured to provide power to the connected DTP2 receiver product.
- Ethernet monitoring and control — Enables control and proactive monitoring over a network.
- Extron XTP DTP 24 shielded twisted pair cable is strongly recommended for optimal performance
- Compatible with CATx shielded twisted pair cable — The DTP2 T 204 fully supports a maximum transmission distance of 330 feet (100 meters) for all compatible resolutions when used with CATx shielded twisted pair cable. Shielded twisted pair cabling with solid center conductor sizes of 24 AWG or better is recommended for optimal performance.
- DTP2 output is compatible with HDBaseT?enabled devices — The DTP2 output can be configured to send video and embedded audio, plus bidirectional RS?232 and IR signals to an HDBaseT?enabled display.
- Bidirectional RS?232 and IR pass-through for AV device control — Bidirectional RS?232 control and IR signals can be transmitted alongside the video signal, allowing remote AV devices to be controlled without the need for additional cabling.
- RS?232 insertion from the Ethernet control port — Saves system resources and simplifies installation by enabling a control processor to access remote RS?232 devices over Ethernet.
- CEC insertion — A control processor can insert CEC commands via SIS - Simple Instruction Set, to control devices connected at the HDMI output.
- Supports multiple embedded audio formats — The DTP2 T 204 is compatible with a broad range of multi-channel audio signals, providing reliable operation with HDMI sources.
- Compatible with all DTP receivers and DTP?enabled products — Enables mixing and matching with desktop and wallplate receivers, as well as other DTP-enabled products to meet application requirements.
- User-selectable HDCP authorization — Allows individual inputs to appear HDCP-compliant or non?HDCP compliant to the connected source, which is beneficial if the source automatically encrypts all content when connected to an HDCP-compliant device. Protected material is not passed in non?HDCP mode.
- Comprehensive EDID management — Use PCS software to access EDID Minder for setting video input EDID, capturing EDID from connected displays, or uploading custom EDID files. Proper EDID management ensures that sources and displays are easily integrated into a system resulting in optimized system operation. Freely downloadable EDID Manager 2.0 software is available for advanced EDID editing and creating custom EDID files.
- EDID Minder® automatically manages EDID communication between connected devices — EDID Minder ensures that all sources power up properly and reliably output content for display.
- Key Minder® continuously verifies HDCP compliance for quick, reliable switching — Key Minder authenticates and maintains continuous HDCP encryption between input and output devices to ensure quick and reliable switching in professional AV environments, while enabling simultaneous distribution of a single source to multiple displays.
- HDCP authentication and signal presence confirmation — Provides real-time verification of HDCP status for each digital video input and output. This allows for simple, quick, and easy signal and HDCP verification through front panel LEDs, RS?232, USB, or Ethernet, providing valuable feedback to a system operator or helpdesk support staff.
- HDCP Visual Confirmation — When HDCP?encrypted content is transmitted to a non?HDCP compliant display, a full screen green signal is sent to the display for immediate visual confirmation that protected content cannot be viewed on that display.
- HDMI to DVI Interface Format Correction — Automatically enables or disables embedded audio and InfoFrames, and sets the correct color space for proper connection to HDMI and DVI displays.
- Automatic color bit depth management — The DTP2 T 204 automatically adjusts color bit depth based on the display EDID, preventing color compatibility conflicts between source and displays.
- Output muting control — Provides the capability to mute the HDMI output at any time.
- Front panel security lockout — This feature locks out all front panel functions; all functions however, are available through USB or RS?232 control.
- Built?in Web pages — Enables the use of a standard browser for device monitoring and troubleshooting over an intuitive Web interface.
- RS?232 control port — Enables the use of serial commands for integration into a control system. Extron products use the SIS™ - Simple Instruction Set command protocol, a set of basic ASCII commands that allow for quick and easy programming.
- Contact closure remote control with tally output — Allows for remote selection of an input channel, while a tally output provides +5 VDC to light an LED to indicate the currently selected input. The contact and tally ports may be configured for independent use when the DTP2 T 204 is connected to an external control processor.
- Compatible with TeamWork® Show Me® Cables — Show Me cables provide convenient connectivity and user input selection and control for TeamWork Collaboration Systems. Visit the TeamWork System Builder to create a customized system for your collaboration environment.
- Front panel USB configuration port — Enables easy configuration without having to access the rear panel.
- LED indicators for signal presence, HDCP, power, and link status — Provides visual indication of system status for real-time feedback and monitoring of key performance parameters.
- RJ?45 signal and link LED indicators for DTP port — Provides a means for validating signal flow and operation, allowing quick identification of connectivity issues.
- Easy setup and commissioning with Extron's PCS - Product Configuration Software — Conveniently configure multiple products using a single software application.
- 1U, half rack width metal enclosure
- Includes LockIt® HDMI cable lacing brackets
- External Extron Everlast™ power supply included, replacement part #70?1259?01 — Provides worldwide power compatibility with high?demonstrated reliability and low power consumption.
- Extron Everlast Power Supply is covered by a 7?year parts and labor warranty