For Extron Prices, please contact our Technical Sales Team on +00 44 (0)1202 872771 or email us at email@example.com
Available June 2019
Extron’s XPA U 1002 is an ENERGY STAR qualified audio power amplifier delivering two 100 watt channels in a half rack, 1U, convection cooled, plenum rated enclosure that includes rack mount hardware.The XPA U 1002 delivers 100 watts into 8 or 4 ohms while the XPA U 1002?70V and XPA U 1002-100V deliver 100 watts into 70 volt and 100 volt systems, respectively. The XPA U 1002 offers the ability to install units without using rack spaces for ventilation, conserving precious rack space. It features a highly efficient advanced Class D amplifier design with power factor correction, ultra low inrush current, defeatable auto-standby with fast wake up, and our patented CDRS – Class D Ripple Suppression.
Designed by Extron
Every circuit in an XPA Ultra power amplifier is designed by our team of dedicated power amplifier engineers, ensuring that every Extron amplifier meets our high standards of excellence. By designing everything in-house, Extron engineers can meticulously optimize every detail for maximum performance, reliability, power efficiency and reduced heat.
With tested and measured efficiency benchmarks up to 77%, the XPA Ultra uses less electricity to generate the same amount of power. This has the direct benefit of lower electricity costs and less power infrastructure required.
An XPA Ultra amplifier runs up to 28% cooler, with up to 49% less power wasted as heat, and up to 59% less radiated heat compared to competitive amplifiers. Electronics that run cooler, last longer and don’t transfer heat to other gear sharing the same rack. The low radiated heat of the XPA Ultra amplifiers, enabled by our advanced thermal engineering, saves on cooling costs and allows more channels of amplification to be put into fewer rack spaces.
Fast Wake from Standby
The XPA U 1002 meets ENERGY STAR qualification requirements with an auto standby feature that places the amplifier into standby after 25 minutes of inactivity. When in standby, the XPA U 1002 draws less than one watt of power. It silently comes out of standby upon detection of signal in under 100 milliseconds, fast enough that the beginning of sound is not cut off. When coming out of standby, the XPA U 1002 draws minimal inrush current, creating no sudden demand on power systems. For applications where the amplifier is required to remain active at all times, the XPA Ultra provides the ability to defeat auto-standby while maintaining ENERGY STAR status.
Product reliability is a high priority at Extron and we go to great lengths to engineer products with industry-leading low failure rates, driven by rigorous testing of everything we ship. From the elimination of short-lived electrolytic capacitors in the signal path, to PCB designs that exclude the use of failure-prone wire harnesses, to accelerated burn-in testing, the XPA U 1002 is engineered by Extron for many years of service.
- 100 watts rms output power per channel — All channels driven
- ENERGY STAR® qualified amplifier — The XPA U 1002 is an ENERGY STAR qualified amplifier and energy efficient product that conserves energy and reduces costs.
- Extron Patented CDRS™ - Class D Ripple Suppression — CDRS is an Extron Patented technology that provides a smooth, clean audio waveform and an improvement in signal fidelity over conventional Class D amplifier designs. CDRS eliminates the high frequency switching ripple characteristic of Class D amplifiers, a source of RF emissions which can interfere with sensitive AV equipment such as wireless microphones. Convection cooled, fanless operation - can be stacked without extra rack space for ventilation - The XPA U 1002 does not require internal fans or vents for cooling, ensuring quiet, reliable operation. It generates substantially less heat than conventional power amplifiers, making it ideal for rack-mount applications where space is at a premium.
- Two channels in a 1U, half rack width enclosure - rack mount hardware included — The included single and side by side rack mount hardware simplifies planning and saves cost.
- New Defeatable auto-standby with fast wake up — The XPA U 1002 meets ENERGY STAR qualification requirements with an auto-standby feature that automatically places the amplifier into standby after 25 minutes of inactivity, dramatically reducing power consumption. The XPA U 1002 quickly returns to full power status in less than 100 ms upon signal detection, with minimal inrush current. Auto-standby can be disabled if required.
- UL 2043 plenum rated when used with optional Flexible Conduit Adapter Kit - The XPA U 1002 meets UL 2043 for smoke and heat release for installation within a plenum airspace above a drop ceiling when used with the optional Flexible Conduit Adapter Kit, part # 70-228-02. Above-the-ceiling placement conceals the amplifier to prevent theft, and is convenient for installing equipment when space inside the room is limited. Professional grade signal-to-noise and THD+N performance - The XPA U 1002 delivers professional grade performance, featuring 100 dB signal-to-noise ratio and THD+N of less than 0.1%.
- Ultra low inrush current at power up - no need for power sequencing — Allows multiple XPA Ultra Series amplifiers to be powered on simultaneously without overloading power circuits. This eliminates the need for power sequencing.
- Power factor correction - removes harmonic content on AC line - The XPA U 1002 features power factor correction technology that smooths out the high peak currents of the amplifier’s current draw, minimizing the presence of high frequency harmonics on the AC power line, preventing audible artifacts from being transmitted to other audio equipment in the system.
- Rear panel recessed, detented level controls — Provides attenuation of input signals for adjusting audio system gain staging. These controls are located on the rear panel to prevent tampering with level adjustments. Laser etched markings provide enhanced visibility of settings for ease of configuration.
- Automatic clip limiter — Detects actual onset of clipping. Gain is automatically reduced without audible artifacts to protect speakers from clipping distortion.
- Multiple protection circuits — Activate during output shorts, thermal overload, or DC faults to prevent damage to the amplifier and speakers.
- Remote standby port — Enables the XPA U 1002 to be remotely placed into standby when not in use, reducing operating cost.
- High pass filter for high impedance model — This selectable filter, available on the XPA U 1002-70V and XPA U 1002-100V, rolls off frequencies below 80 Hz to prevent saturation of speaker transformers.
- 5 mm screw-lock captive screw speaker connectors — Enable simple, secure connections with 22 to 12 AWG speaker cables.
- Front and rear-mounted signal and protection indication LEDs — Provide convenient indication of input signal presence and protection circuit activation from both sides of an equipment rack.
- Front panel over-temperature LED — Provides visual indication that the amplifier's temperature has exceeded the optimal value, well in advance of the onset of thermal protection circuitry.
- Internal Extron Everlast™ power supply — Provides worldwide power compatibility, with high-demonstrated reliability and low power consumption for reduced operating cost.
- Extron Everlast Power Supply is covered by a 7-year parts and labor warranty