For Extron Prices, please contact our Technical Sales Team on +00 44 (0)1202 872771 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Extron DMP 64 Plus series of compact Digital Matrix Processors features six DSP input channels with AEC, in only a half rack space. With a flexible mix matrix, a USB audio interface, and 6x4 analog connectivity, the DMP 64 Plus provides the ability to easily connect and route signals to accommodate system requirements. The AT models can be powered by PoE+ and provide 32x16 Dante connectivity for popular Dante microphone arrays, and other Dante devices, while the V models include up to eight VoIP lines for collaboration applications. Featuring an ACP bus for audio control panels, an expansion port for bidirectional digital audio connection with a DTP CrossPoint® or another DMP, eight audio file players, and configurable macros, the DMP 64 Plus can be used in a wide variety of smaller systems.
Acoustic Echo Cancellation
The DMP 64 Plus series includes Extron AEC for conferencing applications. AEC is essential for effective remote room-to-room conversations, ensuring clear, natural communication for all participants. These models include six independent channels of high performance AEC, as well as selectable noise cancellation. AEC processing can be challenged by conditions such as double-talk, when talkers from both ends are speaking simultaneously, and when near end talkers use wireless microphones. Extron AEC features advanced algorithms that deliver fast echo canceler convergence for optimal intelligibility, even in challenging conditions.
The DSP Configurator™ Software simplifies AEC and noise cancellation setup with a user-friendly interface that provides real-time metering for ERL - Echo Return Loss, ERLE - Echo Return Loss Enhancement, and TER - Total Echo Reduction levels. Guided alerts appear whenever ERL is outside of the optimal range for echo cancellation and DSP templates serve as starting points with routing optimized for AEC workflows. Optional settings include fine adjustments for NLP - Non-Linear Processing to maximize AEC performance in acoustic environments with significant sonic reflections or reverberation.
The Dante-equipped DMP 64 Plus AT models provide scalable audio transport, with Dante Domain Manager support, over a local area network using standard network protocols. Each DMP 64 Plus AT model sends out 16 channels of digital audio and can receive 32 channels over the network, offering easy connectivity to popular Dante microphones. A built-in two-port Gigabit switch provides direct connection to other Dante-enabled devices to create simplified, cost effective audio systems. Additionally, the DMP 64 Plus AT models can be configured to support primary and redundant Dante audio networks, as well as AES67 compatibility. Setting up a network of Extron Dante-enabled audio devices requires Dante Controller, and Extron DSP Configurator Software.
Power Over Ethernet
The AT models with Dante connectivity can be powered by PoE+.
All six main DSP channels of the DMP 64 Plus offer FlexInput source selection to route any Dante input, expansion input, or one of the six mic/line inputs, to a main DSP channel. This enables the DMP 64 Plus to process audio from any source with the full range of DSP capabilities, including AEC.
VoIP - Voice over Internet Protocol Capability
The DMP 64 Plus V models include up to eight SIP 2.0 VoIP lines, with wideband codec support, that can be configured as individual extensions or with multiple call appearance channels to support local conferencing applications. Compatible with select VoIP systems, any single V model of the DMP 64 Plus series can be used for a single VoIP line or as a VoIP farm for up to eight rooms.
USB Audio Interface
The included USB audio interface provides connectivity to a computer for use with soft CODEC applications and computer sourced audio. The input/output configuration of the USB Audio Interface can be set to 0x8, 2x6, 4x4, 6x2, or 8x0. This allows for more input or output streams, as required by the system application.
The DMP 64 Plus series features an automixer with gated and gain sharing modes that can manage up to eight groups of microphone signals. Gating threshold, signal level reduction, and timing parameters are user-adjustable per channel. This allows for fine-tuning to avoid the “chopped” sound characteristic of a traditional automixer when a mic is gated off. As the number of active microphones is doubled, system gain is automatically reduced, uniformly attenuating microphone signal levels to minimize audible changes in the overall sound and the possibility of feedback. For a natural sounding mic mix, the automixer also offers a gain sharing mode which allows all mics to remain on, while the gain for each mic is adjusted in real time to ensure a constant system gain.
Powerful Routing Across Two ProDSP Processors
The DMP EXP expansion port allows two Extron DSP units to be linked together via a single shielded CAT 6 cable. This creates a 16 channel bi-directional 24-bit/48 kHz high-resolution digital audio expansion bus between the two units, allowing expanded input and output signal management and routing capabilities. This expanded 16x16 I/O channel transport between devices allows designers to create audio mixes with advanced I/O and signal management scenarios combining the capabilities of two processors. The expansion port is also available on Extron DTP CrossPoint matrix switchers. This allows a 16x16 I/O channel transport between the matrix switcher and a DMP 64 Plus to expand the number of available audio inputs for a DTP System, and to offer additional capabilities such as automixing, AEC - Acoustic Echo Cancellation, and VoIP - Voice over Internet Protocol.
Versatile Control Options
Each model is equipped with an ACP port to support the use of Extron Audio Control Panels. Audio Control Panels offer an economical way to provide volume control, source selection, and preset recall in configurations that do not require a full control system. A DMP 64 Plus can also be controlled and configured via RS-232 serial control, Ethernet control, or USB. Each model also includes digital I/O ports, which allow for external triggering such as mic activation and muting.
Extron’s exclusive ProDSP is engineered from the ground up using a powerful 64?bit floating point DSP engine to provide very wide dynamic range and reduce the potential for clipping. ProDSP also utilizes studio grade 24-bit audio converters with 48 kHz sampling to maintain audio signal transparency. ProDSP is loaded with powerful, easy?to?configure tools to control level, adaptive gain, automixing, dynamics, filters, delay, ducking, loudness, feedback suppression, and AEC.
Easy-to-Use DSP Configurator Software
The power of ProDSP is easily harnessed with the DSP Configurator Software. The flexible on?screen layout offers fast access to all of the digital audio signal processing tools. Designers can quickly get a snapshot view of the entire audio system, including processing blocks and routing assignments, all at once.
- Four models with 6 mic/line inputs and 4 line outputs
- Six channels of AEC - acoustic echo cancellation
- New All models include a configurable USB Audio interface — Easy connectivity to computer based soft codecs and program playback sources.
- The input/output configuration of the USB Audio Interface can be set to 0x8, 2x6, 4x4, 6x2, or 8x0. This allows for more input or output streams, as required by the system application.
- AT models provide Dante audio networking with Dante Domain Manager and AES67 support : Receives 32 channels from a Dante network. Transmits 16 channels to a Dante network
- V models include up to eight VoIP lines — Supports generic Session Initiation Protocol - SIP 2.0 connectivity per RFC 3261
- Compact half rack size
- FlexInput capability on main inputs — All six main inputs offer FlexInput capability to select a Dante channel, expansion input, or a local mic/line input. This allows incorporating the full range of DSP capabilities, including AEC, for incoming Dante channels.
- AT models can be powered by PoE+
- Optional ACP Series audio control panels provide intuitive audio system control — Directly connects to the DMP 64 Plus, offering flexible audio control for configurations that do not require a full control system.
- Digital I/O ports for remote control or feedback — Six digital input and output ports are provided, so that the DMP 64 Plus can be programmed to sense and then respond to external triggers such as mic activation, muting, and recall of presets.
- Macros allow the sequencing of commands that can be sent to the local device or external devices via the LAN port — A single DMP 64 Plus can act as the central interface from a control system, sending commands to other DMP and DTP CrossPoint units.
- Advanced audio processing on all four analog outputs and all 16 direct Dante/Expansion outputs — Up to 20 speaker zones can be implemented on one DMP 64 Plus with full processing for each zone, making it ideal for full mix-minus implementations.
- Extensive mix matrixing in every DMP 64 Plus allows all inputs to be discretely routed to any or all outputs — The mix matrix allows all main inputs, aux inputs, Dante inputs and virtual bus returns to be discretely routed to any or all of the analog outputs, aux outputs, Dante outputs and the virtual bus sends.
- 16 virtual processing loops allow for great flexibility in sub-mixing and processing - Processing common to many inputs can be applied using a single virtual channel.
- Up to eight audio file players can be used to play back audio files for system set-up or as part of the system design - Use the provided pink noise, white noise, and sine wave files, or import your own WAV, MP3, WMA, AIFF, AAC, or RAW files. Supported file formats are automatically converted to 24-bit, 48 kHz RAW for approximately 20 minutes of playback time and saved to the onboard onboard storage.
- Low latency — Powerful DSP chips maximize performance, resulting in latency that is very low, from input to output, regardless of the number of active channels or processes. While latency increases in channels with AEC enabled, and marginally with the automixer, overall latency remains low. This keeps audio in sync with video, and prevents distractions to presenters or performers resulting from delayed live audio.
- Adaptive Gain Processing — An adaptive gain processor block allows a specified microphone input to affect levels on any one or all other inputs and virtual returns.
- Built-in two-port Gigabit switch on AT models — Provides redundant or daisy-chain operation with other Dante-enabled devices.
- Digital audio expansion port for linking two Extron DSP units — An expansion port allows any two DMP Plus models to be linked together via a single shielded CAT 6 cable. This creates a 16 channel bi-directional 24-bit/48 kHz high-resolution digital audio expansion bus between the two units, allowing expanded input and output signal management and routing capabilities. The expansion port is also compatible with Extron DTP CrossPoint matrix switchers for a 16x16 I/O channel transport between devices. A 1' (0.3 m) shielded CAT 6 cable is included.
- Automixer with eight groups — The DMP 64 Plus features an automixer with gated and gain sharing modes for managing up to eight groups of microphone signals. Gating threshold, signal level reduction, and timing parameters are user-adjustable per channel, allowing for fine?tuning to avoid the “chopped” sound characteristic of a traditional automixer when a mic is gated off.
- ProDSP 64?bit floating point signal processing — The DMP 64 Plus features 64?bit floating point audio DSP processing, which maintains very wide dynamic range and audio signal transparency, to simplify management of gain staging while reducing the possibility of DSP signal clipping.
- 48 volt phantom power — The DMP 64 Plus is equipped with selectable 48 volt phantom power for the analog inputs, allowing the use of condenser microphones.
- Studio grade 24-bit/48 kHz analog?to?digital and digital-to-analog converters — Fully preserves the integrity of the original audio signal.
- DSP Configurator Software — A powerful yet user-friendly PC?based software tool for managing all audio operations of the DMP 64 Plus. It enables complete setup and configuration of digital audio processing tools on the ProDSP platform, as well as routing and mixing.
- Intuitive Graphical User Environment — The DSP Configurator Software features a Graphical User Environment that offers a clear view of all inputs and outputs, audio processing blocks, routing, mix points, and virtual routing in a single window. This allows a designer or installer to quickly view an audio configuration without having to access multiple windows or menus.
- Device Manager enables configuration of multiple Extron DSP products — Device Manager in the DSP Configurator Software enables easy configuration of multiple Extron DSP products by toggling between Graphical User Environments for each unit. Processors can be grouped into folders for organizing as separate rooms or buildings. Settings for multiple Extron DSP products in Device Manager can be saved to a single file.
- Copy and paste for processing blocks — To help speed audio system design and setup, parameter settings can be quickly copied between individual processing blocks or identical groups of blocks within the Graphical User Environment, using conventional cut-and-paste commands.
- Building Blocks for channel processor settings — A collection of pre-designed processor settings optimized for a specific type of input and output devices, such as microphones and speakers. Flexible Building Blocks are available on each input strip and allow system designers to fully customize and save their own Building Blocks, further streamlining audio system design and integration.
- Live and Emulate operation modes with configuration file saving — Live mode allows integrators to connect to the DMP 64 Plus and make live parameter adjustments while hearing or metering them in real?time. This avoids the need to compile and upload a configuration file to the DSP. Emulate mode allows settings to be configured offline, then uploaded to the DMP 64 Plus. Additionally, current settings on a DMP 64 Plus can be backed up to a configuration file for archiving.
- 32 DSP Configurator presets — Using the DSP Configurator Software, any parameters for DSP processing, levels, or audio routing can be saved as presets. These settings can be saved for the entire system, or any selected group of inputs, outputs, mix points, and DSP blocks.
- Triple matrix design provides output, virtual, and expansion routing options — The DMP 64 Plus employs a triple matrix design that offers substantial flexibility in routing, mixing, and processing audio input sources. The primary output matrix allows any of the inputs to be matrix mixed to any or all outputs. If desired, any of the inputs can first be directed into the virtual matrix, which routes the inputs to eight virtual buses, before being mixed back into the output matrix. Virtual buses allow inputs to be processed together as a group. The expansion matrix provides signal routing between a DMP 64 Plus and another DMP or an Extron DTP CrossPoint matrix switcher. The expansion matrix is also used to distribute and receive audio from the Dante network.
- Group Masters — The DMP 64 Plus provides the capability to consolidate gain or mute control throughout the system. Gain or mute controls can be selected and added to a group master, which can then be controlled by a single master fader or mute control. Loudness filters can also be added to a group master, which enables the loudness curve to track with the program volume control. Additionally, Bass and Treble filters can be configured in a group master to provide boost and cut as user controls. Each group master can have up to 64 members, and up to 128 group masters can be created.
- Software-defined limits provide optimal group master adjustment range — The group master volume adjustment range can be limited to maintain optimal minimum and maximum levels when using external volume control. This prevents operators from over or under-adjusting levels. The DSP Configurator Software provides quick adjustment of limits from the Group Controls screen.
- SpeedNav™ keyboard navigation — SpeedNav enables user?friendly, keyboard-based navigation of the DSP Configurator Software without the need for a mouse or touchpad. Using keyboard navigation keys and shortcuts, the user can access any input or output, mix point, and all audio DSP tools. Using only the keyboard for software access can help expedite audio system setup and optimization while on?site using laptop PCs.
- Front panel main input and output signal presence and clipping LEDs — The DMP 64 Plus provides LEDs on the front panel for each main DSP input and output, for real-time monitoring of signal presence. A separate LED illuminates as a warning whenever signal clipping is detected.
- Front panel USB configuration port — Enables easy configuration without having to access the processor's rear panel.
- Ethernet monitoring and control — Engineered to meet the needs of professional AV environments, Ethernet control enables the DMP 64 Plus to be proactively monitored and managed over a LAN, WAN, or the Internet, using standard TCP/IP protocols.
- External Extron Everlast™ power supply included, replacement part #70-1259-01 — Provides worldwide power compatibility, with high?demonstrated reliability and low power consumption. This power supply is compatible with the ZipClip 100 and ZipClip 200 Mounting Kits.
Extron Everlast Power Supply is covered by a 7-year parts and labor warranty
Note: Dante® is a trademark of Audinate® Pty Ltd.