This product has been retired. Suggested Replacement:
DXP HD 4K Series
For Extron Prices, please contact our Technical Sales Team on +00 44 (0)1202 872771 or email us at email@example.com
The Extron DXP HDMI Series are high performance, digital matrix switchers for HDMI signals. They are HDCP compliant, and support resolutions up to 1920x1200 and HDTV 1080p/60. The matrix switchers support HDMI specification features including data rates up to 6.75 Gbps, Deep Color up to 12-bit, 3D, and HD lossless audio formats. The DXP HDMI Series incorporates intelligent technologies that help integrators ensure reliable system operation and compatibility between digital devices, including Key Minder®, SpeedSwitch® Technology HDCP Visual Confirmation, EDID Minder®, and Automatic Input Cable Equalization and Output Reclocking. Available in I/O sizes from 4x4 to 8x8, the DXP HDMI Series is ideal for applications that require reliable, high performance routing of HDMI and DVI signals between multiple sources and displays.
To enhance and simplify integration of HDMI-equipped sources and displays, the DXP HDMI Series features two key Extron technologies: EDID Minder and Key Minder. EDID Minder automatically manages EDID communications for each input/output tie. By maintaining continuous EDID communication with all sources, EDID Minder ensures that all HDMI sources power up properly and maintain their video outputs whether or not they are actively connected to the digital display devices through the matrix switcher's outputs. For HDMI signals with protected content, Key Minder authenticates and maintains continuous HDCP encryption between input and output devices to ensure quick and reliable switching in professional AV environments while enabling simultaneous distribution of a single source signal to one or more displays. If a signal from an HDCP-compliant source is routed to a non-compliant display, the switcher outputs a full-screen green signal, providing immediate visual confirmation that the protected content cannot be viewed on the selected display.
DXP HDMI matrix switchers also feature automatic cable equalization for all inputs and output reclocking for each output. This reduces the need for additional signal conditioning equipment by compensating for weak source signals or signal loss when using long input cable assemblies. Automatic output reclocking restores signal integrity for improved performance. Signals are reshaped and the timing is restored to allow for transmission over long HDMI cables. Additionally, all matrix switchers offer +5 VDC, 250 mA on the HDMI outputs for powering external peripheral devices.
The DXP HDMI Series matrix switchers are ideal for various commercial, medical, military and government, and residential environments where distribution of high resolution, digital video signals is needed, and a fully digital pathway is essential to maintain the highest possible image quality, from multiple sources to multiple displays.
- Available in 4x4, 4x8, 8x4, and 8x8 fixed I/O sizes
- Supports computer video up to 1920x1200, including HDTV 1080p/60
- Supported HDMI specification features include data rates up to 6.75 Gbps, Deep Color up to 12-bit, 3D, and HD lossless audio formats
- HDCP compliant
- SpeedSwitch® Technology provides exceptional switching speed for HDCP-encrypted content
- Key Minder® continuously verifies HDCP compliance for quick, reliable switching €” Key Minder authenticates and maintains continuous HDCP encryption between input and output devices to ensure quick and reliable switching in professional AV environments, while enabling simultaneous distribution of a single source signal to one or more displays.
- HDCP Visual Confirmation provides a green signal when encrypted content is sent to a non-compliant display €” A full-screen green signal is sent when HDCP-encrypted content is transmitted to a non-HDCP compliant display, providing immediate visual confirmation that protected content cannot be viewed on the display.
- EDID Minder® automatically manages EDID communication between connected devices €” EDID Minder ensures that all sources power up properly and reliably output content for display.
- Supports DDC transmission €” DDC channels are actively buffered, allowing continuous communication between source and display.
- Automatic color bit depth management €” The switcher automatically adjusts color bit depth based on the display EDID, preventing color compatibility conflicts between source and display. HDMI to DVI Interface Format Correction €” Automatically reformats HDMI source signals for output to a connected DVI display.
- Automatic cable equalization for each input to 100 feet (30 meters) at 1920x1200/8-bit color when used with Extron HDMI Pro cables
- Automatic output reclocking €” Reshapes and restores timing of HDMI signals at each output, enabling transmission over long HDMI cables.
- Provides +5 VDC, 250 mA power on the HDMI outputs for external peripheral devices
- Audio breakaway €” Provides the capability to separate an embedded audio signal from its corresponding video signal within the matrix switcher, allowing the audio and video signals from one source to be switched to different destinations.
- Global presets €” Up to 32 frequently used I/O configurations may be saved and recalled either from the front panel, Ethernet, or serial control. This time-saving feature allows I/O configurations to be set up and stored in memory for future use.
- Rooming €” DXP HDMI matrix switchers can be configured to group selected outputs into specific "rooms," each with its own set of unique presets. A total of 10 rooms, with 10 presets per room, are available.
- I/O Grouping €” Allows the matrix switcher to be virtually divided into smaller sub-switchers, making installation and control easier. I/O grouping allows specific outputs, like those designated for a specific area or room, to be grouped together.
- QS-FPC„¢ - QuickSwitch Front Panel Controller €” Provides a discrete button for each input and output, allowing for simple, intuitive operation.
- View I/O mode €” Users can easily view which inputs and outputs are actively connected. Tri-color, backlit buttons €” Can be custom labeled for easy identification. The buttons illuminate red, green, or amber, depending on function, for ease of use in low-light environments.
- Ethernet monitoring and control €” DXP HDMI matrix switchers can be proactively monitored and managed over a LAN, WAN, or the Internet, using standard TCP/IP protocols. Ethernet control provides for remote selection of I/O ties, EDID Minder configuration, and monitoring system status.
- RS-232 and RS-422 control port €” Using serial commands, DXP HDMI matrix switchers can be controlled and configured via the included Windows®-based control software, or integrated into a control system. Extron products use the SIS„¢ - Simple Instruction Set command protocol, a set of basic ASCII code commands that allow for quick and easy programming. The RS-232 and RS-422 port also makes it easy to install firmware updates.
- Control software €” Provides a graphical, drag-and-drop interface for I/O configuration and other customization functions via RS-232 and RS-422 remote control. This software also offers an emulation mode for configuration of an offsite matrix switcher; the I/O configuration may be saved for future downloading to the matrix switcher.
- Optional remote control €” The optional MKP 2000 and MKP 3000 X-Y Remote Control Panels provide the flexibility to control a DXP HDMI Series matrix switcher from a remote location. Front panel security lockout €” Prevents unauthorized use in non-secure environments. In lockout mode, a special button combination is required to operate the switcher from the front panel controller.
- Rack-mountable 2U, full rack width metal enclosure
- Includes LockIt® HDMI cable lacing brackets
- Highly reliable, energy-efficient internal universal power supply €” The 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, international power supply provides worldwide power compatibility with high demonstrated reliability.