For Extron Prices, please contact our Technical Sales Team on 44 (0)1202 872771 or email us at email@example.com
The Extron DSC 301 HD is a three input, HDCP-compliant video scaler that includes an HDMI input, configurable high resolution analog and composite video inputs, and an HDMI output. The DSC 301 HD accepts a wide variety of video formats including HDMI, HDTV, RGB, component, and standard definition video. It features advanced Extron video signal processing with deinterlacing of signals up to 1080i. The DSC 301 HD includes many integrator-friendly features including EDID Minder® and automatic input switching. Analog audio from any of three stereo inputs may be embedded onto the HDMI output. Front panel controls, intuitive on-screen menus, plus USB and RS-232 connections provide flexible control and monitoring. The compact, low profile, half-rack width enclosure of the DSC 301 HD enables simple and discreet mounting in many environments.
EDID Minder and Key Minder
To enhance and simplify integration of sources and displays, the DSC 301 HD features two exclusive Extron technologies: EDID Minder and Key Minder®. EDID Minder manages EDID communication between the display device and input sources. For HDMI signals with protected content, Key Minder authenticates and maintains continuous HDCP encryption between input sources and displays to ensure quick and reliable switching.
When receiving an HDCP-encrypted HDMI input source signal, the DSC 301 HD outputs a full-screen green signal on any video output connected to a non-HDCP compliant display. This provides immediate visual confirmation that the protected content cannot be viewed on this display. In addition, the DSC 301 HD provides real-time verification of the HDCP status for the HDMI input and output, offering valuable feedback to system operators and helpdesk support staff.
High Performance Video Processing
The DSC 301 HD features advanced video processing with the ability to scale HDMI, HDTV, RGB, and standard definition video signals to a common high resolution output. It accepts and outputs signals up to 1920x1200, including 1080p/60 and 2K. The DSC 301 HD also provides high performance deinterlacing of all interlaced signals up to 1080i, and Deep Color processing to deliver optimal image quality. In addition, the color space and chroma subsampling of the HDMI output can be automatically set to ensure compatibility with a connected DVI or HDMI display.
The DSC 301 HD features automatic 3:2 and 2:2 pulldown detection, which maximizes image quality for content sources originating from film. The DSC 301 HD also uses a digital 3D adaptive comb filter that optimizes decoding of NTSC, PAL, and SECAM sources for integration into systems worldwide.
Selectable FILL and FOLLOW modes are also available to ensure the proper aspect ratio of the output. FILL mode provides full screen output, while FOLLOW mode preserves the original aspect ratio of the input signal.
Enhanced Audio Capabilities
The DSC 301 HD features HDMI audio embedding and flexible audio switching to accompany incoming video sources. Any input audio signal can be embedded onto the HDMI output for simplified system connections. In addition, the DSC 301 HD provides gain and attenuation adjustments for each analog input.
Multiple Options for Control and Operation
The DSC 301 HD features front panel controls for quick access to functions. Remote configuration and control are available via RS-232 and USB, plus easy-to-use on-screen menus. The on-screen menus provide full control over the unit's functions and settings, including quick access to key parameters such as input and output video formats and resolutions. The DSC 301 HD is housed in a 1" (2.5 cm) high, half rack width metal enclosure and can easily be integrated into a variety of environments.
- HDMI and analog video scaling to HDMI - Digital and analog video sources can all be scaled to high resolution HDMI output.
- Inputs: One HDMI, one RGBHV or component video on 15-pin HD, one composite video on BNC, three 3.5 mm stereo mini jacks for audio
- Output: One HDMI
- Auto-switching between inputs - Auto-switching allows for simple, unmanaged installation in locations such as in a lectern or under a conference table. When multiple inputs are active, the switching priority is configurable.
- HDMI audio embedding - Analog input audio signals can be embedded onto the HDMI output signal.
- Selectable output rates from 640x480 to 1920x1200, including 1080p/60 and 2K - Available output rates include computer and video up to 1920x1200, including 1080p/60 and 2K.
- Advanced scaling engine with 30-bit precision processing and motion-adaptive deinterlacing for signals up to 1080i - Image scaling and video format conversion are performed at 30€‘bit precision for enhanced color accuracy and picture detail. Advanced deinterlacing for all interlaced signals up to 1080i delivers optimized image quality.
- HDCP compliant €” Ensures display of content-protected media and interoperability with other HDCP-compliant devices.
- User-selectable HDCP authorization €” Allows the unit to appear HDCP compliant or non-HDCP compliant to the connected source, which is beneficial if the source automatically encrypts all content when connected to an HDCP-compliant device. Protected material is not passed in non-HDCP mode.
- Supported HDMI specification features include data rates up to 6.75 Gbps, Deep Color, and HD lossless audio formats
- Key Minder® continuously verifies HDCP compliance for quick, reliable switching - Key Minder authenticates and maintains continuous HDCP encryption between input and output devices to ensure quick and reliable switching in professional AV environments.
- EDID Minder® automatically manages EDID communication between connected devices €” EDID Minder ensures that all sources power up properly and reliably output content for display.
- Aspect ratio control - The aspect ratio of the video output can be controlled by selecting a FILL mode, which provides a full screen output, or a FOLLOW mode, which preserves the original aspect ratio of the input signal.
- HDCP authentication and signal presence confirmation - Provides real€‘time verification of HDCP status for each digital video input and output. This allows for simple, quick, and easy signal and HDCP verification through front panel LEDs, RS€‘232, or USB, providing valuable feedback to a system operator or helpdesk support staff.
- HDCP Visual Confirmation provides a green signal when encrypted content is sent to a non-compliant display €” A full-screen green signal is sent when HDCP-encrypted content is transmitted to a non-HDCP compliant display, providing immediate visual confirmation that protected content cannot be viewed on the display.
- HDMI to DVI Interface Format Correction - Automatically enables or disables embedded audio and InfoFrames, and sets the correct color space for proper connection to HDMI and DVI displays. Seamless switching €” Seamless cut through black and fade through black transition effects are available to enhance presentations by eliminating distractions during switching.
- AFL - Accu-RATE Frame Lock - A patented technology exclusive to Extron that locks the output frame rate to a designated input to eliminate stuttering caused by frame rate conversion. Image freeze control - A live image can be frozen using RS-232 serial control or USB.
- Auto-Image setup - When activated, the unit automatically optimizes the image by analyzing and adjusting to the video input signal. This can save time and effort in setting up a newly connected source, particularly in presentation environments where different guest presenter laptops with various output resolutions will be connected.
- Auto Input Memory - When activated, the unit automatically stores size, position, and picture settings based on the incoming signal. When the same signal is detected again, these image settings are automatically recalled from memory.
- On-screen menus - Intuitive on-screen menus allow for easy system setup using the front panel controls. Key parameters such as input and output video formats and resolutions are conveniently grouped on the initial Quick Setup screen, while additional screens provide full control over the unit's other functions and settings.
- Output Standby Mode The unit can be set to automatically mute video and sync output to the display device when no active input signal is detected. This allows the projector or flat-panel display to automatically enter into standby mode to save energy and enhance lamp or panel life. Power Save Mode - The unit can be placed in a low power standby state to conserve energy when not in use.
- Picture controls for brightness, contrast, color, tint, and detail, as well as horizontal and vertical positioning, and sizing
- Automatic 3:2 and 2:2 pulldown detection - Advanced film mode processing techniques that help maximize image quality for NTSC, PAL, and 1080i sources that originated from film.
- Quad standard video decoding A temporal, 3D adaptive comb filter provides advanced decoding of composite NTSC 3.58, NTSC 4.43, PAL, and SECAM for integration into systems worldwide.
- User presets - Memory presets are available for each input to store and recall optimized image settings.
- Internal video test patterns and pink noise generator for calibration and setup - The unit offers several video test patterns and audio pink noise to facilitate proper system setup and calibration of display devices.
- Audio input gain and attenuation - Gain or attenuation can be adjusted for each analog input to eliminate noticeable level differences when switching between sources.
- Audio input assignment - Each video input can be assigned to any analog audio input. This enables all three video inputs to share a single analog audio input. The HDMI input can be set to pass incoming digital audio, embed the analog audio, or to automatically embed the analog audio when no digital audio is detected.
- Audio switching transitions The audio output level automatically ramps down and then ramps up to match the video during switching transitions.
- Integrated audio delay The audio output is automatically delayed to compensate for latency introduced by the video processing.
- Front panel security lockout This feature locks out all front panel functions except for input selection; all functions however, are available through USB or RS-232 control.
- RS-232 control port - Enables the use of serial commands for integration into a control system.
- Extron products use the SIS - Simple Instruction Set command protocol, a set of basic ASCII code commands that allow for quick and easy programming.
- Front panel USB configuration port Enables easy configuration without having to access the rear panel.
- Easy setup and commissioning with Extron's PCS - Product Configuration Software Conveniently configure multiple products using a single software application.
- 1" (2.5 cm) high, half rack width metal enclosure
- Includes LockIt® HDMI cable lacing brackets
- Highly reliable, energy-efficient external universal power supply included, replacement part #70-775-01. Provides worldwide power compatibility, with high demonstrated reliability and low power consumption for reduced operating costs.